Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pelican International > Castaway 100 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Castaway 100 Kayak by Pelican International

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Castaway 100 Kayak by Pelican International

Length: 10' 0" - Width: 30.00" - Starting at: $349.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Pelican International Logo

04-02-2014

I purchased my Pelican Castaway a little under 1 year ago. It was on a hot deal sale at academy for $200.00 and I was looking for an inexpensive way to try kayaking. I have really enjoyed this kayak and it was a great way for me to find out that I love kayaking.

I have used it on ponds and slow moving rivers. It handles well for what I do with it. I haven't done much fishing out of it, and have since bought a larger kayak that I fish out of.

The only complaint I have about this kayak is that there are not any dry storage hatches. It is stable, but I have never tried to stand up in it. It is also light weight (40-50lbs I think) and easy for me to load on my SUV.

03-10-2014
Submitted by: larry k leeSend Email

Purchasing the Pelican Castaway 100 (10 feet) late in the 2013 season allowed for only six trips on Tennessee's roaring river. The Castaway is a fishing yak and includes 3 rod holders, one straddle and two built in. I have yet to wet a line with my Castaway, using it for my summertime "float and drink a few beers boat". the boat has been excellent for this endeavor. Stability, tracking, and hull quality are all excellent. The Native Watercraft company sells a fish storage/cooler bag that stores 3 six-packs. at 42 pounds the boat is easy for most to carry. Negatives include the lack of dry hatches and a shortage of tie-downs which is easily solved with padeyes from Walmart. For the suggested retail of $349, this may be the buy for fishing (oops, beer-drinking) kayaks.

07-19-2013

Had Castaway for few months; my first yak. Took a little getting used to (balance), but tracks well... would set up bungee deck, stern, different maybe instead of terminal loops use hook ends (work better for me). I added 2 hatches and is a work in progress.

Overall very happy with purchase, just wish recent weather would have co-operated more so could use more.

Rendezvous River Sports