Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception Sport > Rhumba 9.5 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Rhumba 9.5 Kayak by Perception Sport

08-18-2013

I purchased this kayak at the end of July and have already taken it out like 10 times! I absolutely LOVE it! It is very sturdy and I have yet to flip it even when confronted with large boat wake and/or choppy water in the gulf. It tracks very nicely and is lightweight and appears to be quite durable. Some of the people I went kayaking with on the Gulf managed to cut and scratch the bottom of their kayaks on the rocks that are covered with razor sharp oyster shells but mine is perfectly intact not so much as a scratch (perhaps this was just good fortune)

I have used it on the springs, rivers and the bays of the Gulf of Mexico here in the west central area of Florida and it has performed beautifully on each. We took a camping trip last weekend using the kayaks to go out to island about a half-mile out into the Gulf of Mexico. I only weigh 120 pounds so the others stuck me with the bulk of the camping gear because I was the least likely to breach the maximum capacity. Even with this additional weight the kayak still performed very nicely. It continued to track very well and seemed that the additional weight did not impact the performance of the kayak in any real sense although I did get a bit of the spray from the bow of the kayak smacking the waves. I kayaked the same stretch of the bay on a day where the water was more choppy but without the camping gear on the kayak and did not experience any spray.

I hope this review answered any inquiries you may have about this particular vessel.

07-18-2013

The kayak is very easy to handle. Very well built and durable. The seat is very comfortable with and without the seat cushion that came with the kayak. I am 6' 2" and my feet do not go to the last foot rest. The kayak is very stable. Even with boats coming by with motors in the open water, I had no concern of tipping. The handles are made in the boat and very easy to carry by myself and I do not have to worry about them handles pulling out or replacing them. Very, very pleased with the kayak. Could not have made a better decision. I use it for just paddling but plan on using it for kayak fishing. It is the perfect size and has plenty of storage area for anything I want to carry. I could not be more pleased.