Product Reviews > Kayaks > Feelfree Kayak, USA > Moken 14 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Moken 14 Kayak by Feelfree Kayak, USA

10-19-2014

The best! Would buy all over again. Tons of storage; tracks well. I love being able to stand and fish.

08-21-2014

At first sight this kayak rocks. The Ride seems great and the amenities are aplenty. The problem seems to be the cracking of the hull where the gear tracks are mounted. 2 out of 2 kayaks that Jersey Paddler tried to sell me were cracked in the same area, The second one was repaired and they still tried to sell it as new, but enough with their sales practices...

The seat was very comfortable and the storage compartments and hatches were great. It tracked well and its capacity was more than enough for a big guy like me - 6'1" 240lbs and all my gear. The baitwell area holds a large milk crate and is equipped with many bungee tie downs as well as paddle/fishing pole leashes. An 8" day hatch is located just behind the seat. 2 mesh pouches on either side of the seat area hold needed gear. The storage console in front of the seat is great for more storage/mounting of accessories. The wheel in the keel was somewhat helpful but at the same time it seemed hard to keep the kayak upright when using it.

All in all, I liked this kayak, but feel the need to steer clear of this one until they can strengthen the area where the cracks are happening.

07-16-2013

Before test paddling a Moken 14 (and buying one) I only had paddled touring kayaks. But I wanted to start fishing again so I looked for a kayak that I could both tour and fish. I have not been disappointed.

The Moken 14 paddles easily, not as easily as a touring kayak but close. The stability is great. I really love the wheel in the back for moving around. At 75# and 14' one needs to plan ahead on how to transport but once in the water it responds great. The Moken 14 tracks very well. I didn't buy one with a rudder and being in both windy and strong current conditions the kayak tracks very well.

Considering the standard features, the stability and ease of paddling I would recommend this kayak to anyone.