Product Reviews > Accessories > AT Exodus Fishstix paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for AT Exodus Fishstix paddle

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

AT Paddles Logo
See Products from AT Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
AT Paddles in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Advanced kayak paddles
  • Kayak Fishing Paddles

07-16-2013
Submitted by: StaktupSend Email

I bought this paddle when I was looking for a bent shaft paddle with a stiffer feel and less flutter. It took me a few outings to get used to a bent shaft, and get my cadence and timing down.

The model I bought only has one hole in it so I cannot adjust the asymmetry of the blades, that is why I rated this a 9. Otherwise, it is fairly light and does allow me to accelerate quickly. Cntruction is solid, and the camo color has grown on me.

My other paddles I use are Aquabound Manta Rays and Stingrays, which are nice paddles on their own. I need more time with this paddle; wish it came in a slightly smaller shafted version, such as a Werner bentshaft model.

07-15-2013

After logging in over 1000 miles on my Old Seven 2 Paddle, that no one said would last, I felt it was time to go with the new Exodus Fishstix. The seven 2 is still kicking, but after adding 1 1/2" of close cell cushion to my sit on top, I felt the need for a longer paddle.

I must admit I was a little set back at paying close to $400 with tax for a fishing paddle, but after giving it some adjustment and break-in time, I am 100% happy.

Two words of caution for the new buyer. First, give yourself some adjustment time if you are going from a straight paddle to a curved one. Second, if your old paddle had a lot of flex, don't expect the Fish Stix to bend. I had the tendency to dig more that I needed and found my joints to ache a bit from putting more pressure on them from a slightly different angle than I was accustom to. After my third trip, I started settling in with the change in form and I am extremely enjoying it.