Product Reviews > Kayaks > Future Beach > Mariner 10.4 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Mariner 10.4 Kayak by Future Beach

Rated: 9.75/10 Based On: 12 Reviews

09-22-2014
Submitted by: S.G.Send Email

I recently bought a Future Beach Mariner 10.4 kayak. First time owner. Like being on the water NOT in the water so stability was a major priority for me.

I am extremely pleased with this kayak. It tracks well and is very stable. I am short and round so I have plenty of leg room and ample room to move around and wiggle. No fear of tipping. I am going to add some fishing comforts such as a rod holder and an anchor trolley in the near future. Have loaned this out to friends and they love it too. Think I may have converted some Old Town faithfuls over to Future Beach. Great kayak for the price $179.00 at Dunhams.

09-12-2014
Submitted by: TroySend Email

I bought two Future Beach Mariner 10.4 kayaks in April of this year! My wife and I love these kayaks! They are awesome! Stable enough to stand in! We have logged on well over 100 miles this summer. We have friends with Pelican kayaks and the Future Beach kayaks are much nicer to ride! They track very well!

Previous to owning the Future Beach Mariner 10.4s we had 2 Sun Dolphin kayaks and riding in the Mariner is like riding in a limo where the Sun Dolphins are like a clown car! I am sold on the Future Beach products!

My son and a friend of mine liked them also and bought the Future Beach Fusion 120. I have also since bought a Fusion 120 and a 10' Spirit sit on by Future Beach. I have not got the Spirit in the water yet but I write a review as soon as I do get a chance to try it out! I think in this price range the Future Beach kayaks are the way to go!

09-09-2014

Just got to use my new Mariner 10.4 and it was a great experience. Very stable, comfortable seat and backrest and moved well on the water. After lots of research this kayak seems like a decent choice for beginners and people who are looking for leisure kayak trips.

09-06-2014
Submitted by: JKP

Good starter kayak. It is well made plastic and is easy for the beginner to get into and out of the cockpit. Heavier than some but at 50 lbs it is manageable. The flat bottom makes it more stable in the water.

08-11-2014
Submitted by: MartySend Email

I am new to Kayaking. I bought a Future Beach Mariner 10.4. I have taken it out on a lake twice now. It is very comfortable to sit in. I am kind of a fat guy and I can get in and out easily. The Mariner rides great in the water. I highly recommend this Kayak for all users.

08-05-2014

New to kayaking, so we purchased two Mariner 10.4 kayaks to try it out. Couldn't be more pleased with them! Large cockpit allows for easy entry & exit. Lots of storage space, large rear hatch, small dry hatch on front. VERY STABLE! So stable that jumping in and out in the middle of the lake was no problem. We've been down the river twice and paddled around the lake twice now, and have enjoyed it very much every time. We travel with some folks who have high-end sit on tops, and had no problem keeping up. Light weight and carry handles combine to make them easy to get in and out of the water. The wife and I can carry both with the handles, or I can easily carry mine alone.

07-30-2014
Submitted by: Frank MessnerSend Email

This is a great first kayak! Great price also. Love the look of it. The compartments in the front and back are pretty roomy, and I also like the nice wide cup holder to hold my drink with a coozy!

07-30-2014

Just purchased the Future Beach Mariner 10.4 at Dunham Sports. I've had it on the lake once. I like it. I had a Pelican 100 s.o.t fishing kayak, but I wanted to try a sit-in. The Mariner is much more stable and sits higher and dryer. It seems to track through the water about the same as the Pelican but maybe a little faster. I like the storage space and one is a dry hatch on the bow, however very small. wish the large hatch in the back was also dry. Although it is a few pounds heavier, it is easy to carry because of the way it's made. Quite happy with it, plus got it on sale for just $169.

07-02-2014
Submitted by: ParkerSend Email

My daughter and I each purchased the Future Beach Mariner this summer for our transition from canoeing to kayaking. I've nothing to compare it to, but this beginner paddler is more than pleased with this boat.

It's very stable and quite responsive. The seating and foot pegs are comfortable, even for short me. There is a large (not dry)storage hatch aft (we each carry half of our one set of a two-kayak car top carrier, as well as a first aid kit, emergency paddle, etc). The cockpit is spacious with room for a small cooler. Add two cup holders, one in the cockpit the other on deck, and a very small dry-storage hatch on deck...what more can a river paddler need? While it's too heavy for me to load/unload on my own (I'm 65 and not terribly strong on a good day!), the two of us can easily load and unload. A good investment for beginners.

06-30-2014
Submitted by: NeoyakerSend Email

Understand that this is not my only kayak but it is the one I use most.
I was interested in this kayak for several reasons; mainly stability, cockpit space, price and modification possibilities.

First off, this kayak is incredibly stable. Being a 'sit-in' your center of gravity is lower and the wide beam (31.75 in) make moving and jostling around in the huge cockpit worry free of tipping over. But, I wouldn't be taking this out on the ocean or fast moving rivers.

The cockpit is indeed huge. The seat is moderately comfortable for a cheap kayak. The ample side space in the gunwale is perfect for mounting a hand bilge pump and other accessories such as waterproof wallet and keys box, short fishing rod mounts and slim, side mount tackle box, just in case the fish are jumpin' and you're just out for a quick paddle.

This is by no means a fast paddle, for sure. But it is deftly maneuverable in close to the shore for creeping up on those fishing hole hide-outs. And for a wide hull, it tracks better than you'd expect not soaking up much energy with 'side waddle'.

As for mods, I drilled in a couple of flush-mount rod holders and mounted a Scotty rod holder up front. And of course, no fishing rig is complete without an anchor trolley. A new seat upgrade, of course.

The price was 180 bucks with a coupon at Dunham Sports. Such a deal for this exceptional kayak configuration. I would hope that if this is a discontinued model, that they don't destroy the roto-mold. Every kayak collection should have this versatile model in it.

07-03-2013
Submitted by: Keith W.Send Email

We bought two of these kayaks for paddling on smaller lakes and rivers and are very happy with them. Several other people have tried them with us - some paddling for the first time - and are of the same opinion. The Mariner is comfortable, stable, easy to paddle and steer. In addition the price range is ideal for the beginner. We are very happy with both of them.

06-12-2013
Submitted by: ACSend Email

Purchased my Mariner 10.4 primarily for fishing smaller Michigan lakes, rivers, and streams. Was originally sold on the hull design for stability - and it did not disappoint. It tracks very well in open water, even with a crosswind, while still light enough to carry with one hand. The seat is fine for a kayak, the cockpit spacious, and the easily adjustable foot pegs work perfectly. Even securing the paddle to the starboard side while fishing is a quick one-handed operation thanks to the bungee cord and hook provided. There is no floatation added to the hull, but plenty of space in the bow and stern to trap air, or you can add a beach ball if that is of concern, (I really do not know how anyone could tip this over anyway). The handling in tight spots is quick, much quicker than my old 12' Pamlico. I added two flush mount rod holders behind the seat and an anchor trolley system to the port side for a total of about $25, and it was well worth it. With a new price of $229+tax, there is no better way to spend your hard earned money for taking the hook to the fish.