Product Reviews > Kayaks > Lifetime Products > Kokanee Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Kokanee Kayak by Lifetime Products

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Kokanee Kayak by Lifetime Products

Length: 10' 6" - Width: 36.00" - Starting at: $399.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Lifetime Products Logo

07-17-2014
Submitted by: HR-JMSend Email

We bought 2 Kokanee Tandems in Discontinued Orange. I have owned kayaks previously and this kayak is the best bang for your buck.... It has great features like 2dry holes, and multiple placement seating... Can also add a 3rd child. I find this is the best Kayak I have ever seen to accommodate a large dog !!! We used a poly pool lounge may, cut it to fit the front half of the Kokanee and paddle from the back seat... Works perfectly for a dog or people lounge!

This is the most versatile Kayak ever and is great for just tooling around and I was surprised that it tracks pretty well too! If you're looking for a family fun Kayak that fits the budget ...this is it...!!!! Only alterations needed.... Add side front and back kayak handles, the ones attached are weird... But that's a minor add on that any home-depo'er can do on their own cheap! Well worth it for the 100's of dollars saved on buying the Lifetime Kokanee Tandum.

08-21-2013

I bought this for my wife and I to paddle around on the local lakes near Ogden, Ut. We love this kayak. Very stable, tracks well and easy to paddle. No it is not an expensive model and there are limitations to it. However if you are looking for a fun recreational boat, this is it. We have taken gkids out with us, the different configurations are great. And the dog has plenty of room in the bow. It is heavy, I added two handles on the stern and the rear scupper is not comfortable but with my pad I don't notice it now. We will buy another to take kids (grown) with us.

06-11-2013
Submitted by: KCSend Email

This is a new model kayak and seems to be intended to replace the Manta. Sold at Sports Authority, only available in green. It's basically the cheapest tandem you can get. I bought it knowing what it is... a cheap kayak for tooling around with my kids.

It actually weighs 76 lbs (not 66 as listed here). It is a tandem but has a jump seat in the middle. Capacity is 425 lbs. My intention is to carry two kids with me so this is fine. It is surprisingly spacious for a 10.5' kayak. Very stable. Actually tracks pretty well too. It is not fast but I wouldn't call it slow either. It's perfect for playing around with the kids or even taking alone and going fishing. My only negative is that it is on the heavy side for lifting myself but I knew that going in to it.

I would recommend it for exactly this purpose - going nowhere and playing with kids on lake, slow river, or calm surf.