Product Reviews > Accessories > Backwater Paddle Co. Assault Hand Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Backwater Paddle Co. Assault Hand Paddle

Backwater Paddle Company Logo
See Products from Backwater Paddle Company in the Buyers' Guide!
Backwater Paddle Company in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Fishing Hand Paddles

08-07-2014

I have a 275cm paddle with my NuCanoe, and when I fish, I generally put it in a paddle holder on the side of the boat. That's when I break out my little assault hand paddle for steering, turning, and returning to position.

It's small, sturdy, easy to use, and does it's job as a lightweight alternative to a big paddle when I'm fishing and want to stay in one spot. It's also a great back up paddle if I somehow drop my regular paddle... (I haven't done it since I bought this, but one of the reasons I bought it was because I DID drop my paddle and had to get a friend to retrieve it as it floated away).

Good mixture of performance and price.

05-22-2013

This paddle is a must have for kayak fishing! It works very well for moving just a few feet or positioning yourself right on a dropoff. When it's windy and you want to face the right direction this paddle fits the bill for that. The hook is also handy because it can help you grab onto things like docks. I also use it to push off whatever because I don't have to worry about it breaking.

The other advantage to this paddle is if you get snagged you can just use this little guy to paddle over there and not have to mess with a big paddle while holding your pole and pulling on it the same time as you are paddling. Also once you get over there, you can just tug on the line to free it with the hook.

This paddle has a great design, and is very useful! I think you should check it out. Anything that can making fishing more enjoyable is a win win situation for me.