Product Reviews > Kayaks > Ocean Kayak > Nalu 12.5 SOT/SUP Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Nalu 12.5 SOT/SUP Kayak by Ocean Kayak

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Nalu 12.5 SOT/SUP Kayak by Ocean Kayak

Length: 12' 6" - Width: 30.50" - Starting at: $699.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Ocean Kayak Logo

01-20-2014

I tried the Nalu 12.5 once again today in Tampa Bay along with a few other traditional and plastic SUPs including the Versa board (booooooo).

It tracks straight and is as fast as any regular SUP but much more durable/lockable/storable outside. It's a little on the heavy side at 50 lbs but is still portable by a strong person alone. I purchased it today then I installed a rear handle and two web strap side handles to allow solo shoulder carrying. It glides great and goes much shallower than any other SUP on the market. I look forward to using it a lot more when it gets warmer.

04-09-2013

For me this boat is more fun as an SUP than an SOT. One can stand up, lay down on your tummy, or sit and paddle as an SOT. You can go from a good full body stand up workout or a relaxing cruise as a sit-on-top, should you tire from standing.
I really enjoy the versatility of this boat.