Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dagger > Zydeco 11.0 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Zydeco 11.0 Kayak by Dagger

Zydeco 11.0 Kayak by Dagger

Length: 11' 2" - Width: 27.75" - Starting at: $599.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Dagger Logo

10-03-2014
Submitted by: Richard fordSend Email

I purchased a Zydeco 11 two weeks ago and had to return it due to oil canning. I weigh 240 lbs and that may be some of the cause however the boat is rated for 300+. Like others comments in this review the plastic is very, very thin...

08-10-2014

Great first kayak , price reasonable, lightweight, easy to enter exit, plenty of storage space, handles rivers and flat water well.

09-14-2013

I rented one of these for a day thinking I might like to own one since these are very affordable kayaks. I specifically chose the 11' boat in hopes it would go straight, but unfortunately it would not (this was true for both when paddling and when coasting, I think it pulled to the left iirc). This was in a pristine weather day on a small lake, about as flat as flatwater gets with no real wind or currents to speak of and practically no other boat traffic present. The seat was reasonably comfortable and the storage area seemed dry enough. The large but not enormous cockpit size made it easy to get in and out of. I did not wet exit the boat so I can't comment on how it would perform in that scenario.

If you're just looking for a cheap boat to poke around in for a couple of hours, this boat should do but I think there are better boats for not tooo much more money (i.e. Pungo), but I would not recommend it for longer paddles or overnight trips.

09-07-2013
Submitted by: soSend Email

I bought this boat earlier this summer it is a great boat I took it on the coast of the Atlantic and it did fine my concern is the plastic is very thin and I wonder if it will buckle easy and break given the right conditions this is great for slow moving water but Dagger could of done better with the plastic

07-24-2013

This kayak is great for beginners looking to paddle slow to medium flow rivers and lakes. Handling is easy and it is very comfortable. Light enough to carry and small enough not to take up too much space in an apartment. Highly recommended kayak!

11-20-2012

My first kayak was the 9' Zydeco. While that's a fantastic entry-level boat for new kayakers and I'd recommend it to anyone, the 11' Zydeco is best for people who want to get on flat-water a few times a year at a low investment cost - like something people would keep at a summer camp on the lake.

Initial stability is okay, secondary is better. This Zydeco tracks well as long as I'm paddling, but it veers when I stop. I enjoy the re-designed seat and the hatch. It's great on long paddles.

My biggest regret about this purchase is that the plastic is so thin, and has so much give, that I can't imagine it wouldn't fold up if I got pinned in swift-water. When I go over stumps or "butt-rocks," on a river I can feel the bottom bend and give. This is not a comfortable sensation, especially in a new boat.

I applaud Dagger for trying to make an affordable 11' boat for Zydeco fans, but if I had the choice to make again, for the same price, I'd have opted for a better-made, used, longboat.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports