Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pygmy Boats > Pinguino 145 4PD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Pinguino 145 4PD Kayak by Pygmy Boats

Pinguino 145 4PD Kayak by Pygmy Boats

Length: 14' 6" - Width: 25.50" - Starting at: $1059.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Pygmy Boats Logo

11-20-2012
Submitted by: Oona Send Email

just had my Pinguino finished for me. Builder did a bang up job. Have Osprey 13 and LOVE her. Getting slightly larger boat for copaddlers who are larger than I am. Also wanted a very STABLE boat with good handling characteristics. Pygmy delivers the goods.

Used the strapless hatch system from CLC (bungee cords inside hatches instead of straps on the outside). Not sure how they will perform in heavy waves, but we will see. Also tried inlaying fabric on the hatches, to match my Swift paddle. This turned out amazingly well the hatches really pop on the deck and look great. topped it off with Graphite bottom (less work needed when you re-finish boat varnish etc -ditto for strapless hatches).

All in all a gorgeous boat, and lots of head turning going on when she's car-topped. Maybe I'll get an Arctic Tern 14 next - with a matching paddle / hatch inlay, LOL!

PFD Buyers' Guide: