Product Reviews > Kayaks > Hobie Cat Company > Mirage Pro Angler 12 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Mirage Pro Angler 12 Kayak by Hobie Cat Company

Rated: 8.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Mirage Pro Angler 12 Kayak by Hobie Cat Company

Length: 12' 0" - Width: 36.00" - Starting at: $3099.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Hobie Cat Company Logo

08-08-2014
Submitted by: DVSend Email

My husband and I bought Pro Angler yaks 4 months ago. We have saltwater fished every weekend since purchase. Tons of room! Yak has built in ice chest, 4 rod storage, hidden tackle boxes and most comfy seat ever. The H bar is another major plus.

I can stand and fish even when wind is kicking. We also have the micro power pole. I can anchor and cast in seconds.

I can honestly say this is the best purchase we ever made!!

04-02-2014
Submitted by: Mark

First off, I own a Mirage Sport, Mirage Outback, and my last purchase the Mirage Pro Angler 12. this to qualify my responce to JBM comments [2012-08-31 post] on the Mirage drive system. Once I figured out the quirks of putting the drive in correctly I have had no problems. This is my fault, didn't read the directions. I have been using a Hobie in the Yatch Harbor & ocean for 3 years, and the drive systems have held out flawlessy. I got out every day for a few hours. So I suppose JBM either works for a competing Kayak Co. or he didn't read the directions like me.

My only suggestions for Hobie concerning the Pro Angler 12 are:

• Seat has no second adjustment for moving seat forward. This means you need to be 6ft tall to get the best comfort for pedaling.
  • Near impossible to disconnect paddle behind you. That problem is solved by using the 1/2 ore with adaptor provided & slip it up front.
  • No easy access to putting your pole forward of the seat. I build things so it was easy for me to customize my Pro Angler 12.
Even with my suggestions, I give Hobie Mirage systems a solid 10!

10-08-2012
Submitted by: yaknutzSend Email

A friend of mine purchased a Pro Angler 12 from Lancaster County Marine about 2 months ago. Just recently I had a chance to test it out...I was a skeptic at first that the mirage drive was going to really perform the way its advertised...NOT ANYMORE! Hobie really has a fantastic concept!

My buddy fishes just about every week in his Pro Angler 12 and raves about how many fish he catches and the places he can get into. All I can say is that I'm now a believer in the Hobies and my friend is 100% satisfied with his purchase. If you are looking for a very comfortable fishing kayak that is very stable, the Pro Angler 12 is the boat! Check out this great video that he showed me.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjdk9aHh9j8
Lancaster County Marine definitely knows their boats! Don't hesitate to buy one of these boats, you wont regret it!

08-31-2012
Submitted by: JMBSend Email

Caution mirage drive system is very very fragile and easy to damage

Rendezvous River Sports