Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dagger > RPM Max Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for RPM Max Kayak by Dagger

Rated: 9.2/10 Based On: 15 Reviews

08-17-2012

Excellent whitewater kayak for the beginner and advanced paddler. Easy to control, roll and maneuver.

02-28-2008

After studying many kayak sales books, and already owning 5 kayaks, I bought the RPM MAX... SWEET! I Love it! Got the wife the RPM. Bought them Feb 06. At 6'3" 200 lbs. I added a garden knee pad, with bungee rope to the back band and hips... very comfortable. I paddle 4 to 8 times a month I'm taking my RPM MAX! YE HAA!!!!

05-02-2007
Submitted by: JimSend Email

This is one of the easiest boats to recommend because it's design & performance is rock solid. Just think about it... why hasn't the model changed since it was introduced more than 10 years ago??? I've had mine since it was new & wouldn't change for the world. Very forgiving shape that's great for river running not to mention a little playing too! Probably one of the best all around boats EVER. If you're looking for more buoyancy to increase your safety or are a larger person this is it!

07-21-2004
Submitted by: ChrisSend Email

A superb boat! Good for those who need a little extra room, handles beautifully and rolls well, what more could you want?

06-08-2004
Submitted by: CSWSend Email

I loved this boat!! It runs well for class I-IV and I've been able to manage great stern squirts. This may be one disadvantage to the boat because whenever you drop into a hole, the RPM wants to go vertical with the low volume tail. Other than this, the RPM is the best boat that I have ever had for running the water near where I live. Both big water and creeks are no problem for the RPM.

09-10-2002

I bought an RPM Max 3 months ago and it is the perfect boat for me- large, comfortable, easy to roll, and beautiful. A great beginner boat, very forgiving, and easy to manuever. The back band slips down too frequently, but that's my only complaint.

07-30-2001
Submitted by: ZofanteSend Email

I was having trouble with my roll into I got into the Max. I am 6'3 size 13 feet and 275 lbs. The boat is great. Stable and easy to roll and quite comfortable. Throw away the back band and buy a decent one.

06-12-2001

This is my first boat. 6'1" and 225 lbs. I fit into it easily, but can tighten up the bulkheads if necessary. The back end is a little squirrelly (as in squirrel) but this is probably due to my lack of balance and not the boat. Also, it is beautiful!

03-20-2001
Submitted by: PER

I have had my MAX for just a little over a year. I am a large lady and I love my MAX. My MAX is easy to enter and exit, roll, and manunipulate in tight places. I would be lost without my MAX.

02-27-2001
Submitted by: DHSend Email

I have owned my RPM Max for about two years. I am 6'4'' 210lbs, size 14 feet and I fit very comfertable in it. Its a great boat for the bigger paddlers. Its very comfertable allowing you to be pain free from those other cramped boats. It surfs really well, but a lot of effort is needed to flat spin. It squirts very easy. I have ran class IV waters with it. The round hull makes it easy to roll. I would recommend this boat for anybody who is large or is going on a multiday kayak trip.

11-26-2000
Submitted by: Wayne DixonSend Email

At 6' foot 265 lbs the Max is the Boat for me. I started last spring trying out all the large boats, I went with the Max. It is easy to handle, forgives my beginner mistakes and let's me out when I need to get out with no problem (an aspect I perticularly like). Since I am learning my roll the Max, with it's rounded chines helps with that too. As ocean wave surfing is my primary I like the way it handles, but round does not cut waves well. But I'm learning and the Max is helping.

02-28-2000
Submitted by: JL

As a short (5'8) but heavy (235) person, I'm not exactly what Dagger had in mind for this boat. I've got the bulkhead pulled so far back that I can almost get my foot past it. Even so, I am paddling 100% better in this boat than in most others I've tried. Speed is excellent, even catches pretty small waves well. I find it rolls OK (maybe some of it is me!). The sharp rail on the back is a tad grabbier than I might prefer for river running, but my river buddy can stern squirt the thing, and he's only 180 lbs, so getting vertical is not a problem. On the gripes side, the padding on the thigh grips seems to peel off if you look at it wrong, and the backband they supply is a joke.

01-16-2000

I got my Max shortly after they were available, about 15 monthes ago. I love it. It surfs big waves, too, and has great stability on edge. At 6'-1" and 235 lbs., this boat suits me fine, even comfortably.

09-07-1999
Submitted by: Jay

This is the first boat I have ever been able to get into. I am 185cm tall and 100kg. There is plenty of room for legs and feet and the cockpit is nice and wide. I've had to add a bit of padding for hip grabbers and pull out the foam in the thigh braces. The boat surfs well on small waves (that's all I have surfed on so far) and is stable in large waves and drop-offs. I reckon its great if you're large and want a good all round boat.

06-14-1999
Submitted by: Dave PruittSend Email

I have owned the Max for three months now. I have also tried every dagger, perception, and wave sport that I could fit into even though I am 200. The Max suited my need well until I started surfing the ocean. This boat is a great all around playboat but as we all know this means compromise if you want a boat that does all.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!