Product Reviews > Kayaks > Necky Kayaks > Rip 12 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Rip 12 Kayak by Necky Kayaks

Rated: 9.25/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

04-03-2014

I had the Rip 12 recreational kayak out this week on the Flatwater River in Indiana. This is a Class I/II stream. Flow was up where the playboaters like it. The Rip performed flawlessly during the 7 mile paddle. Stable through the rough stuff and easy to turn when changing a line through a rapid. The contour of the bow allowed the kayak to ride over the wave rather than punch through it like some of my other rec kayaks. Very comfortable ride with the great Necky seat. Dry compartment in the back kept everything in it dry.

If you are looking for one kayak to use on Class I/II rivers or on flatwater, I highly recommend the Rip 12.

05-15-2013
Submitted by: OK KidSend Email

I bought the Necky Rip 12 last September to use over the winter as my sit inside kayak. It's very stable and tracks quite well. The speed isn't bad for a kayak 28 inches wide. I love the large cockpit. If you don't want water in it, just buy a skirt. The rear hatch is water tight and provides a large amount of storage.

I've owned several Pungo 120s - probably the best selling 12' rec kayak. The Rip 12 compares favorably to the Pungo 120 in every respect - impossible to tell them apart when paddling.

04-11-2013

Pros: large cockpit, very stable, not to heavy for plastic kayak.

Cons: the Kayak I own has tracked off to the right since new. At first thought was something I was doing wrong but pretty sure is shape of hull; it is not extreme, but annoying...

08-27-2012

I bought this boat a month ago and it has been incredible. I have taken it out many times since I got it and I have had a blast every time. It tracks very well and is a joy to paddle in. You can't find a better recreational boat for the money. I was debating between the Rip 10 and 12, and I am glad I went with 12. The 12 foot is long enough to handle large lakes/waterways but still agile enough to go through smaller rivers.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!