Product Reviews > Canoes > Clipper Canoes > Jensen WW II Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Jensen WW II Canoe by Clipper Canoes

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Jensen WW II Canoe by Clipper Canoes

Length: 18' 6" - Width: 33.0" - Starting at: $1895.00
See More Details about this Canoe
Clipper Canoes Logo

10-24-2013
Submitted by: RBSend Email

Great boat, my friends hate it cause they can't keep up to us in it. Clipper makes really durable boats and this is no exception, bang for your buck hard to beat.
A+++

10-21-2013
Submitted by: Chris NSend Email

We took our Jensen Whitewater 2 out for our maiden voyage on the North Thompson river. What a fantastic canoe. It's brilliant. Fast, sleek, tracks exceptionally well, stable, and more than responsive enough in eddy turns for our racing purposes. It will not replace our Tripper as our do absolutely everything boat, but for river and lake speed...the reason we purchased it...perfect. I'm not surprised it was Dave Lewis's choice for the Quest.

For an experienced paddler, particularly those accustomed to marathon canoes, the stability of the Whitewater 2 will feel solid. For new comers, other options like the Tripper will provide more confidence. It is a compromise one between a little more speed with the 33 inch beam, versus a little more stability on the Tripper's 35 inches.

I should note that our model is cut 1 inch lower in the bow, centre and stern. It was calm today, so the hope is that it will be less effected by any cross wind.

08-17-2012
Submitted by: Joseph TownleySend Email

I have the Clipper white Water 2 in Custom Light have only paddled with it a few times. I have both front and rear sliding seats makes a big difference with the weight difference between me and my brother. Have tried it with a GPS on board last evening by myself and have reached 10.2KM/H SOLO just for a second. But averaged between 6.5 and 8KM/H for a 45 minute paddle solo. Found it very hard to keep straight in a cross wind, but hopefully will be better with a second person.

The craftsmanship on the canoe was good; there was 1 spot on the bow where the resin wasn't 100% complete just need to add a small coat for a touch up. I can handle the canoe by myself very easily just a bit long to balance when the ground is not very smooth. i have no problem taking it on and off the roof rack on my truck by myself.

Only thing i would change on the canoe would be a keel to keep it tracking straight in a bit of a cross wind. We have a race coming up next weekend down the Churchill River and hoping the long waterline of the canoe will help us get a little more speed compared to the shorter 17'ers.