Product Reviews > Canoes > Esquif > Echo Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Echo Canoe by Esquif

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

05-05-2013

I paddled Echo for the first time in April the 20th in a 100 km marathon paddle competition in Estonia, Vöhandu Marathon. We were a team of three paddlers, two Bell Merlin II's and my Echo. We took it easy & made the journey in less than 16 hours, which was our target. Esquif Breeze behaved well in tight corners of the river & took minimal water in when crossing small mill-dams & class I rapids. I am 6 ft 1" tall. Kneeling position was perfect for my height. Echo is a bit wide for a solo, but otherwise very nice and easy tripping & playboat.

08-02-2012
Submitted by: rblturtleSend Email

I have sold this boat, so I have no dog in the hunt. I bought it after trying Karen Knight's at AFS 2011. I found it to be the best handling solo royelex canoe I have ever paddled. I found and purchased one soon after. I have owned a royelex Yellowstone solo/wildfire and it handled and had speed much superior. It has fine lines for a royelex boat which is probably why.

For freestyle and fun, you can crawl are around in this boat without tipping which is a blast. I narrowed mine 1 1/2" to narrow the paddling station. it doesn't have enough freeboard for big moving water, but in easy stuff it is a good if wet ride. It's straight line paddling effort is definitely superior to the royelex competitors. I tripped in it for 3 days. The workmanship is great. I only sold it because or it's weight(50#) and length(I prefer shorter)
A great boat for a larger person.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!

Advanced Elements: