Product Reviews > Kayaks > Bass Pro > Ascend FS10 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Ascend FS10 Kayak by Bass Pro

Rated: 9.17/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

09-08-2014

I would have to give the Ascend FS 10 kayak an overall 8; it is a great kayak for any fisherman. the kayak is very versatile it has several rod holders cup holders plenty of storage space and even dry storage space. the only suggestion that I have is that the Sitting area be a little wider for easy access to be able to stand while fishing, for the price it is a great buy and also just an overall great kayak I do recommend the FS 12 But the FS 10 is just as good

08-29-2014
Submitted by: JTSend Email

First I want to say that I have had this boat for going on two years now. I still love it as much as I did the day I bought it. I have no desire to replace it any time soon. It's a little on the heavy side, but but makes up for it by being nearly indestructible and extremely stable...great for landing larger fish if you don't mind putting them in your lap for a minute. You can fit (one at a time) a milk crate, a smallish cooler, a 5gal bucket or a 5lb waterproof dog food container. Used it for a 5 day trip(I pack light) and had a blast. Super stable too. I can stand up and paddle it like an sup.

07-06-2014
Submitted by: Gordon GregorySend Email

The Ascend FS10 is a great kayak. Perfect for fishing lakes but also fun on rivers. well thought out. stable due to the flat bottom.. I have recommended this boat to several of my float trip buddies.

07-02-2014
Submitted by: Robert SheltonSend Email

Handles great, very stable. Easy to fish out of. Love the rear compartment for my cooler. Two extra rear rod holders allow me to bring multiple rods. Room up front for a small tackle box and two drink holders. Side cleats are perfect for my small anchor. Padded seat is very comfortable, and adjustable foot braces make it easy to handle.

04-28-2014
Submitted by: MichiganMike

The FS10 sit in is my first ever kayak. I researched "fishing" kayaks extensively, and this model is full of value. I fish Lake St. Clair in Michigan, which is very large. The FS10 is stable, even in high winds and 2ft. waves. I've paddled high-flow rivers as well, and the craft handled well in some areas where I would have had problems with a canoe. I like the space - I'm 6' and 240# - and there's still room for my fishing gear. I would recommend a longer paddle, as the beam on this craft is wide. I installed all of my accessory fishing gear - fish finder, gps, tackle storage, 12V battery, wiring, anchor trolley, etc... without drilling the hull and voiding the warranty. I've had it in the water when there was still ice flowing out, no problems. For the price, I didn't find another kayak with the features, durability, versatility, and capability of this model. Even fully geared up, she still can be picked up and loaded into the back of my vehicle. I'm happy with this rig.

07-26-2012
Submitted by: RB

I have two Old Town Vapors (which we love) and two Ascend FS10 Angler kayaks ~ and we enjoy each tremendously on lake and (light) river trips ~ but, it is important to note that I have the 2010-2011 Ascend models!!

The Ascend is a bit heavier and has a smaller cockpit opening, but overall is just as comfortable/stable without having to paddle heavily. Tracks well too... It also is a bit more durable it seems. Plenty of leg room on the my models, but... the newer (2012) models are a bit more shallow for leg room, and the the (inside) back of the kayak was cut out to make it lighter.

Overall a good buy for the price, but just make sure your feet/legs will fit under the front of the cockpit.
Recommended!