Product Reviews > Accessories > ProTec Old School Helmet Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for ProTec Old School Helmet

Research Safety & Rescue in the Buyers' Guide!
Safety & Rescue
View Safety & Rescue in Buyers' Guide

07-06-2012

The crucial shock-absorbing material in the top of my ProTec Old School helmet came unglued and fell out after being worn less than ten times. Without that pad the helmet is completely useless and dangerous. I purchased the helmet from NRS on July 2, 2011 and discovered that it had failed July 3, exactly one day after the warranty had expired. Great timing, eh? The ProTec website no longer lists the Old School helmet, so I assume it has been discontinued in the past year, which is a good thing in my opinion.

ProTec makes a lot of helmets for various purposes, not just for kayaking, but I will not buy any of their other helmets for fear that they may use the same worthless glue in their other ones.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: