Product Reviews > Accessories > Quantum 11" Stern Kayak Cart Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Quantum 11" Stern Kayak Cart

Research Carts, Portaging & Launching in the Buyers' Guide!
Carts, Portaging & Launching
View Carts, Portaging & Launching in Buyers' Guide

07-05-2012
Submitted by: Bob TSend Email

This is similar to the other Quantum carts reviewed but it has larger 11" wheels with a soft rubber outer diameter. They do not inflate so there is no concern with loss of air pressure.

I had my cart choice down to three, this Quantum 11" wheel stern car, the Trailtrekker and the C-Tug. The Quantum was $60 less than the Trailtrekker and the C-Tug. The dealer had both the Quantum and the C-Tug on display and the C-Tug is much heavier and doesn't stow in the kayak as simply as the Quantum even though it is known for simple break down. On the Quantum, pull two pins and remove the wheels then the three pieces stow easily in the kayak. I actually install the cart on the kayak while it is still in the water and simply pick up the front and bring it back to my truck to unload. The large wheels handle the concrete block ramps, which have large gaps between the blocks, quite well. It tracks well when pulling the kayak even though the bucket doesn't conform to the hull shape. Not sure if foam would fix this but I don't plan to modify it unless I have issues with it and thus far I have had none.

No problems to date but I haven't had it on the beach or other surfaces, so for now I gave it a 9 out of 10. I would recommend this cart.