Product Reviews > Canoes > Meyers Boat Company > Sportspal S-13 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sportspal S-13 Canoe by Meyers Boat Company

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

04-02-2014
Submitted by: R.D.F.Send Email

Where do I start. Sometimes you have to go back to the basics. I mean it's easy to get caught up in the newest and latest kayak or canoe but I went back to a aluminum canoe the S-13 Meyers Sportspal.

I looked at this canoe for fishing for years and finally bought the canoe in Feb. 2014... I have a fishing kayak but I just want the room and freedom this canoe gives. Getting older and wanting to camp helps with making this decision. Now the canoe is bigger in person then expected and build beautiful. It has plenty of room for whatever you want to do with it and handles solid but like the family sedan. Meaning the younger ones will borrow the kayak over the canoe.

At 57 lbs it's lighter then most of the so called fishing kayaks and can be handle quite easily. I hope you research this canoe more and you will fine its a great all around canoe.

06-07-2012
Submitted by: J.J.Send Email

I have owned a Meyers Sportspal S-13 square stern canoe for almost 10 years. I have paddled many canoes but this is by far the best, most stable fishing and tripping canoe that I have ever used. The deck has a foam liner that increases bouyancy while functioning as insulation against cold water as well as sound barrier to the fish below. The boat is such that I can stand and cast with almost the same stability as I experience in my gas powered bass boat.

The boat is wide and allows for my wife and two kids to ride comfortably along with a drink cooler, lunch basket, fishing gear and their wet bags. Many people say that the Sportspal is untippable. All I can say is that I have never had a spill in almost 10 years of usage.

I highly recommend a square stern model if you ever want to use a gas or electric motor. I have never used a motor but it would be simple to add one to the square stern if I ever made that decision. I enjoy paddling and rowing. The built-in oar sockets are very nice for rowing. By rowing, I can gain much higher speed than by simply paddling. My initial idea was to add a motor to alloy me to travel up stream for drift fishing but I found that rowing allows me to develop the power I need to go upstream against the current in moderate rivers and streams. I can't say enough good about this beautiful and solidly built canoe.