Product Reviews > Kayaks > KL Industries > Sundolphin Aruba 10 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sundolphin Aruba 10 Kayak by KL Industries

Rated: 8.6/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

12-27-2013

FOR THE MONEY I PAID (important semi-disclaimer). OK, I am done shouting, but want to be clear about that. If you get it from K Mart with a coupon code (search; there is almost always one) and free shipping to a store near you, you can get the price under $175 before tax. That is without the "free" paddle you get at Walmart, though. If I were comparing it to the lower end 10' SIKs from the name brand makers, I would probably still give it a 6 or 7.

I originally had the Atwood skirt on but it kept popping off; just too tight across the front. I just sent it back and ordered the large Lavika based on another post I found.

It's a good basic 10' plastic kayak. Tracks decently for the length. It is not a whitewater play boat; it is a recreational boat that can handle some waves and current.

08-02-2013

Given the price of only $250 plus tax incl. paddle this is a great kayak. This is my first own kayak and I have been using it a couple of times to paddle together with some friends who are way more experienced than me on a river nearby. Although they all had longer kayaks I had no problems to keep up with them. The kayak tracks ok and can hold my 190 lbs. very well. The paddle is a little short, though.

07-26-2013

Low-cost basic kayak for a little fun. Good for smaller lakes and rivers. Rating simply as a kayak would be a 5, but the "rating relative to kayak cost" would be more like a 7+ (if you get it for $200 or less) because it does well for such an inexpensive boat.

Pros:
Lower cost. Tracks well. Stable. Speed is fine for its length and paddling effort (does 3 to 3.5 mph at easy to steady paddling, 3.9 w/ firm paddling, and up to 4.3 in a sprint). Light enough to load onto top of vehicle. Has a drain plug.

Cons:
Seat has no padding, so after a while, you start to get a little sore (consider adding some kind of pad for longer rides). The storage compartment at the stern has a cover on it, but it does not have good enough sealing to guarantee that what's inside would remain dry. Foot pegs don't seem real robust. Not a whole lot of features on it.

06-25-2012

I have 2 of these and 2 of the cheaper standard 10 waterquests. We have Kayaked for 5 years with these and many other main brand Kayaks. We found these things turn on a dime but still track well. We do small rivers in Michigan find these Kayaks to work great for entry level folks doing rivers and small lakes.

05-17-2012

Just got the wife a new Aruba 10 Deluxe for great price for lakes recreational paddling. Love features, footpegs, padded seat back, water bottle holder in bow, paddle leash. Found it tracks well and also is comfortable to turn, so great for novice. I appreciated the roominess inside the kayak for my size of 5'11" and 244lbs. Strongly recommend.