Product Reviews > Canoes > Swift > Yukon Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Yukon Canoe by Swift

Yukon Canoe by Swift

Length: 17' 6" - Starting at: $1795.00
See More Details about this Canoe
Swift Logo

05-16-2012

Bought our Swift Yukon last year & fell in love with it on its maiden voyage. We headed down a large, windswept mountain lake in Alaska. We wanted to see how it performed and after 6 straight hours of paddling into the wind, across the wind, downwind, in whitecaps and near meter high rollers we were ecstatic - and a not just a little worn out! The boat paddled well and although a behemoth in some ways - thought it might be something of sail when empty - it was easily manageable and kept us high and dry.

Highly recommend! In our experience Swift is great on customer service and Bill is nothing short of a prince of a fellow! This year the Yukon will get a much more thorough workout on the lakes and rivers of Alaska, and we know it'll handle pretty much anything we can manage to get ourselves into.

03-22-2012
Submitted by: rcollettSend Email

My son and I took this boat on the 740 mile Northern Forest Canoe Trail last summer. We paddled this canoe for 35 days straight in all kinds of water and it performed great. I would highly recommend the Swift Yukon for your next canoe expedition

08-02-2002

I bought my Kevlar Yukon in summer 2000; since then it has carried my wife and me through a variety of conditions ranging from Great Lakes swells to smoothwater lakes, as well as whitewater (I,II,III). It is a joy to paddle: very responsive, but with excellent glide. The Yukon has enormous cargo capacity, but continues to be safe in rough water, even when fully loaded. We purchased the canoe with a view toward longer (2-4 wk trips), and still feel that the Yukon was the best choice for us.

06-24-2002

CAUTION - Friend of mine bought a yukon and used it on a trip with us in Quebec. He thought it was a little shallow in the ends and mid section. When he got home he checked the specs and found they were not the same as had been advertised. According to him, Swift admitted to trimming their mold over the years and had not changed their advertised specs. They told him the would change the specs. They also told him they would buy the canoe back. Maybe they should have changed their advertised specs, but at least they stood behind their product.

01-28-2000
Submitted by: impactnorth@xc.orgSend Email

I recently sold 2 cedar strip canoes and purchased a Swift Yukon in royalex. Wonderful all around canoe. Handles whitewater and tripping conditions well. Has a very good glide and is easy to keep up at cruising speed. I run a canoe tripping school so have had ample opportunities to paddle a lot of different boats, I have also owned a cedar strip prospector, and redbird, as well as an old town 164. The Yukon out performs any other canoe I have ever paddled for a wide variety of paddling condions. It spins on a dime yet tracks very well. A "traditional" tripping canoe such as the prospector does not compare with the performance found in this boat. If your paddling takes you into a large variety of conditions from III whitewater to large lakes and windy streams this is the canoe to own. I have also paddled Swift Dumoins and Madawaska's they handle equally well but are limited by capacity. the only compaint I have with the boat is that it is a bit shallow in the center.

05-17-1999
Submitted by: ScottSend Email

Great tripping canoe, big load capacity, excellent maneuverability, and tracking. Efficient glide on lakes and good rough water capabilities. Royalex is a little heavy(79 lbs) choose kevlar if you can afford it!