Product Reviews > Kayaks > West Side Boat Shop > Marauder Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Marauder Kayak by West Side Boat Shop

11-28-2011
Submitted by: billSend Email

I own a Marauder and a Wave Exceed. In my opinion (I am an intermediate paddler who races) they are equally as fast. the marauder should be faster as it is one inch narrower beam and longer, but it isn't.
i have no idea why. also - the Marauder is heavier than my Exceed even though they have the same carbon kevlar layup. the Marauder picks up more weeds than the Exceed because of it's nose. the Marauder leaves less wake than the Exceed.

In summary - i like my Exceed better, it is lighter, picks up less weeds, and is shorter, but equally fast. i would buy another wave exceed before i would buy a Marauder. regarding stability i think they are almost equal.