Product Reviews > Accessories > Quantum Engineering Stern Wheels Cart Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Quantum Engineering Stern Wheels Cart

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research Carts, Portaging & Launching in the Buyers' Guide!
Carts, Portaging & Launching
View Carts, Portaging & Launching in Buyers' Guide

09-19-2012
Submitted by: Di HopeSend Email

The Quantum Stern Wheels Cart seems like a great idea if you're just needing to go up & down long slipways - but maybe not so great for X-country on rough ground. If you'd like to sell yours to upgrade please get in touch with me...

07-25-2012
Submitted by: LNSend Email

Small, light and inexpensive. The straps are permanently attached to the unit which means you won't have to hunt for them when you need them. Easy to attach securely to the boat. I returned a Seattle Sports Mighty Mite boat cart which I didn't like at all (big, bulky, unattached straps, assembly required) and this was a much better solution for light use with short portages.

09-06-2011
Submitted by: karen2Send Email

Bought this for $80 at REI and have used it a handful of times. It has held up well so far, and it really does weigh less than 3 pounds. Plus it fits in the forward hatch on my Caribou-S without being taken apart (I do have to work it in by rotating it around).

The downside is the hard wheels transmit every bump straight into my arm as I'm carrying the other end. This is especially fun on those concrete boat ramps that're made of concrete planks with gaps between the planks. It does plow in soft sand somewhat, but not as badly as I expected. Unless you have to go a long way in the sand or you have an especially heavy kayak, it should be good enough.

And the price was right, certainly by comparison to other products in this category.