Product Reviews > Kayaks > NuCanoe > Classic 12 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Classic 12 Kayak by NuCanoe

Kayaks Image Kayaks Image

02-11-2013

I first heard about the NuCanoe just about two years ago and started researching them. After a couple of months I found a used 12' package deal at a decent price. My reason for buying a NuCanoe was that I became interested in recreational kayaking, and I thought the NuCanoe would be a way my wife and I might enjoy it together, as there was no chance she would get into a kayak solo as she doesn't swim.

I bought the boat in February and couldn't wait for nice weather and by late March was getting on the water myself. The boat felt very safe and stable not like I remembered of canoes in my younger years and I really enjoyed my days paddling before work. I paddled 3 or 4 times a week from May until September, I really enjoyed it.

The wife tried it a couple of times but it just wasn't for her, and so I continued paddling myself the rest of the season. Later in the season I was camping with a friend who had a Perception Prodigy 12 and I ended up buying one that weekend at an end of season discount. Being much easier to prepare, load onto car, and get into and out of the water, not to mention paddle, once I bought the Prodigy I didn't paddle the NuCanoe again that season. In the Spring I got a new truck and sold the NuCanoe to buy a tonneau cover and Yakima racks for the truck.

Now three years later and having much more experience paddling I wish I still had the NuCanoe as I'm sure I would start paddling it again and fishing from it as well. Recently I talked with a man who is looking to sell his 10' NuCanoe but we couldn't come to a fair price (he was asking same as new price). Plus I'm really in the market for another sit in kayak, a transitional kayak for improving my skills, rolling, and getting into other types of water then the quiet water I've been paddling. But if the right deal presented itself I would buy another NuCanoe for sure.

One more thing about NuCanoe, when I had mine, twice I had questions and emailed the company, and both times I got a reply from Blake Young the owner himself within a day, great customer service.

09-16-2011

OOPPS, Sorry for all the purist in the crowd, don't snub your noses. I use to be that way, but when I got on the Nucanoe I turned the page. Its a platform for fishing and a stable structure through design for older Kayakers. Its wide 42" beam makes it all possible. I can even stand and cast. Roomy cockpit which is the entire boat length. Captains seat makes life worth living. I use mine everyday now, and an't lookin back.

08-12-2011

Being an older kayak fisherman, I've been pleased to ride the Nucanoe. Its wide beam 42", and stable design, offers you the comfort and reliability of a larger heavier boat.

Standing in the boat is easy for casting. Light weight, for such a stable comfortable boat. The captains chair offers storage and comfort while moving, or fishing. A very fine craft.