Product Reviews > Accessories > Delorme PN-30 (GPS) Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Delorme PN-30 (GPS)

Research Electronics in the Buyers' Guide!

08-17-2011
Submitted by: UK2TX2CASend Email

Just returned from Trinity Alps, CA were the PN-30 really shone!
One thing I did find is that while I downloaded all of the "Color Aerial Imagery", the plain old USGS Quads 3DTQ maps paired with flag markers were MUCH more handy when you are on the water.

Scouting the rapids before by land then flagging the hazards made navigation more fun.
FYI I used the strap to wrap it to the thwart and left the unit on the floor of the canoe in the rapids and left it balanced on the thwart on flat water.

The unit gets a 10 however the 8 reflects how long it takes to download maps via Topo 8 and the super slow map server Delorme have.

08-12-2011

I love this GPS! I have been using it for two years with no issues. It's waterproof & supposedly floats when used with Lithium batteries. I have tested this is a tub of water & found this to be accurate, however I "built" my own float bag. I purchased an electronics dry bag & put fishing bobbers in it so it's going to float. Also this helps fight oxidation from the salt water.

Thunder Bay Tourism: