Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pakboats > Puffin Saco Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Puffin Saco Kayak by Pakboats

Rated: 6.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Puffin Saco Kayak by Pakboats

Length: 12' 0" - Width: 27.00" - Starting at: $890.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Pakboats Logo

08-16-2012
Submitted by: ElaineSend Email

Just an update on my Saco.
I have had her out about 20 times so far this year. The set up is going smoother but if anyone tries to help something usually goes wrong. I have had her out on rivers and lakes. Very stable. I have not done any overnights, but usually I paddle in to interior campsites and out again the same day. Am very happy with the boat. Because of the weather I have not had to use the deck at all. I have taken her over 350 meter portages by just holding her under my arm. Lots of fun. It is important to carry the air pump with you on trips. Because of temperature changes throughout the day the tubes can get a bit soft if it gets cooler.

05-28-2012
Submitted by: ElaineSend Email

I just started putting my Puffin Saco together and I was almost crying in frustration. I went on YouTube and saw a guy do it in 10 minutes. I tried it again and it is a bit tricky but today everything worked great and I set it up in 15 minutes... Do not know whether I will be that lucky again. I have had to leave the stems on the skin and insert the keel into them. The rest of the set up is pretty easy.

The weight is right for me. Hopefully I will get a good amount of paddling done in her. I suggest anyone buying one to watch the video... it might save a lot of frustration.

07-06-2011

I bought The Saco by Pakboat from REI. I spent 3 hours trying to assemble it in my living room and finally gave up. No way I'd want to mess with that assembly in the field. The design of the main spine down the middle of the boat was a nightmare. The snaps used to secure the main structural pieces on each side were very cheap and hard to fasten.
I returned the boat to REI.

Piragis Northwoods Company
Free Shipping on New Canoes from Piragis Northwoods Company or pick up in Ely, MN and get $100 off