Product Reviews > Kayaks > Aire > Tomcat Tandem Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Tomcat Tandem Kayak by Aire

Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image

06-10-2011
This review courtesy of www.altrec.com

Awesome boat for one, two, or two and a dog. Great in the whitewater(fast bailing) yet tracks well on the flats. Bought it for easy days with wife and I aboard, but have used it more solo in the rapids!

Pros:
Great design, Build quality, Performance, Ease of use, Great value!

06-10-2011
This review courtesy of www.altrec.com

I recently returned from a trip to the Azul River in Patagonia Chile. I had the fortune to use the Tributary Tandem and it was amazing! Took a beating and kept on going keeping us safe and secure. No Sweat! An awesome Kayak and an awesome value!

06-08-2011
This review courtesy of www.altrec.com

I've had my boat for a year now. Great fun! Very stable and forgiving. Best entertainment I've purchased in a long time. It has served me well in up to class 3+/4- rapids. Sturdy. Has skimmed some pretty sharp rocks and taken them in stride with little sign of abrasion. Two buddies have followed and purchased same boat.

06-08-2011
Submitted by: - Rating: 6 of 10
This review courtesy of www.altrec.com

My husband and I tried this in a lake but it needs a skeg. Aire does not provide one for tandems so I am searching alternatives. We like the stability and quality of the boat but it is difficult to paddle in flat water.
Well made but don't buy it for lakes

03-07-2011

I have owned a Tomcat tandem for 5 years now and love it! I take my wife and daughter down the Verde River and never fear tipping. the only thing bad I have to say is that little rocks get wedged between the floor bladder and the bottom of the boat. then you have to unzip it and vacuum it out. Aire says this is not a problem on some of their other boats. I will say this has never caused a leak. All in all, the best boat for the money and they hold their value well.

04-09-2005
Submitted by: LukeSend Email

This is an excellent inflatable kayak. I have only had this kayak out on one trip but it was a wooded creek with lots of hazards and strainers. The durability of this boat is what impressed me, I ran this thing into rocks, trees, pile of jagged sticks, I was so sure I was gonna puncture it several times, but when I finished there wasnít even a scratch on it. Handling of the boat on flat water seemed average. But could have been due to the fact that I was paddling the tandem model solo. During the class II-III portion the boat was exceptional. It responded well in rapids and crashed over waves and ledges with excellent stability. I got the tandem model for 450 plus shipping. I am impressed so far and canít wait to get it back out on the stream.

Rendezvous River Sports