Product Reviews > Kayaks > Old Town Canoe > Camden 120 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Camden 120 Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

Camden 120 Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Length: 12' 6" - Width: 28.50" - Starting at: $829.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Old Town Canoe Logo

07-06-2014

Tracks great, EXTREMELY comfortable and stable. Can be difficult to load because of weight. Handles are difficult to grab quickly. Bungies could be more convenient

08-03-2013

My first kayak was a twelve footer and I loved every second I was in it! This one is very similar to mine but it has a much higher capacity. A great boat for beginners and up!

07-29-2013

The Camden 120 is the 1st kayak I have purchased. It has plenty of storage space. The Camden tracks well in the water. I paddle mostly lakes so with boat traffic the stability of this kayak is great. Would recommend to anyone.

07-21-2013

I've had my Camden 120 for about 4 months now, and used it heavily, on everything: still lakes and rivers, a couple of creeks, and class III rapids, up to 6-7 hours at a time. I've also filled it with 75 pounds of gear plus me, and it's done well.
    The good:
  • It's stable, pretty much all the time. I have fallen in exactly once and that was my own fault. I've had it full of water up to about 2" from the top of the cockpit and it still was manageable in rapids.
  • It turns very easily. I have friends with 14' Pungos, and I can have this boat around in a third the time they can.
  • The seat is comfortable, and adjustable enough that I can always find the right spot for it.
  • The foot pegs are easy to adjust while on the water, which is necessary for me, because I can't stand keeping my legs in the same position all day.

The bad:

• It doesn't track amazingly well. Mine tends to go left. It's not severe, but enough to be annoying on occasion. For what I do, I'm okay with it, though, because I think if it tracked straighter, it wouldn't be so easy to turn quickly.
  • The seat back has popped off a couple of times if I adjust it to its highest position and lean back on it. It's not major, and I think most don't keep it quite that high, anyway. Still, it happened 12 miles into an 18 mile paddle once, which was not the most comfortable occurrence.
  • The front glove box takes on water. Not majorly. Enough, though, that I don't recommend putting anything electronic in there on its own, without a waterproof container of some sort.
The bad isn't amazingly bad, and the stability is great. I'd recommend it, as long as you're not planning long, straight trips with it. The tracking may drive you nuts, and while it's short enough to handle well, it's not long enough to be really fast.

04-17-2012

Out of our four kayaks, our two Camden 120 Angler kayaks are the hands-down favorites for cruising the Thunder Bay River. We have also had them on Lake Huron very comfortably and successfully. There are plenty of cup holders, etc for a comfortable float.

05-31-2011
Submitted by: John Gotchalk - Rating: 10 of 10
This review courtesy of www.outdoorplay.com

My wife owns the 106 and I have the 120. We have a blast on the water with them. It's more like a luxury cruise then a paddle.