Product Reviews > Kayaks > Old Town Canoe > Camden 106 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Camden 106 Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Rated: 8.8/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

Camden 106 Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Length: 10' 6" - Width: 29.00" - Starting at: $729.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Old Town Canoe Logo

11-10-2014

I see a lot of comments in forums about how all recreational kayaks are just bathtubs. This may have been the case in the past (even the recent past) but a new generation of rec boats from the Confluence, Pelican and Johnson Outdoors brands are really starting to challenge that notion with solid little pleasure craft that are fantastic for short day trips and float parties.

I got a chance to paddle a friend's new Camden 106 this summer, and I was unexpectedly impressed. This boat featured quality construction, striking modern styling and a seat that can only be described as a pair of Crocs for your butt.

I took the Camden out in a protected cove and then into some whitecaps, and I couldn't believe how well she handled. No 10.5' boat with a 29" beam is going to challenge a sea kayak in this arena, but the Camden Jr. held her heading and never threatened to send my portly carcass into a an unplanned wet exit.

It was not all sweetness and light. The Camden's wide, low cockpit is a wet ride and requires the rider to brace in an undignified splayed position. The dual paddle parks were strangely tight and resistant to hooking. This thing also needs float bags if you plan to wander more than a few feet from shore. Finally, at $750, this model is pretty darn pricy, compared to the 10' versions of Wilderness Systems' Pungo and Elie's Sound, which have comparable outfitting and features.

Still, my slight friend loves her Camden. It's light enough for her to throw on top of her car and take it to the lake at a moment's notice. She can get her tan on, keep her water bottle in place and carry a picnic lunch.

09-03-2014
Submitted by: K A CSend Email

I got my Camden in June. My wife and I have been out all but 1 week-end multiple times. The Camden has done well in lakes and rivers. I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!!

08-07-2014

Balanced lightweight, easily manageable. One person can easily carry it. Maneuvers well in the river and lakes. Just need to add a fishing pole holder (prefer clip on) and we will be fishin fools

06-22-2011

I got my new Camden 106 last week and there's a lot to love. I do have one quality control issue however in that the thigh brace was not totally secured when I received the boat. One barbed fastener was hanging loose and no matter how I tried to tap it back in, I kept pulling it out every time I got in the boat. Old Town support was great and is sending a new barbed fastener. I'm taking the boat to my local dealer anyway to let them see if they can secure it once and for all. Stay tuned.

05-31-2011
Submitted by: Jennifer Gotchalk - Rating: 9 of 10
This review courtesy of www.outdoorplay.com

My husband owns the 120 and I have the 106. We both love them. These kayaks are stable, comfortable, easy to paddle, and affordable. Luxury without the price tag!!!!