Product Reviews > Accessories > Paddleboy Nemo boat cart Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Paddleboy Nemo boat cart

Rated: 7.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Research Carts, Portaging & Launching in the Buyers' Guide!
Carts, Portaging & Launching
View Carts, Portaging & Launching in Buyers' Guide

05-16-2011
Submitted by: dhSend Email

I've been using a Paddleboy Nemo to transport my Wilderness Systems Tarpon 16 for about 2 years. It's my first cart, so I have nothing to compare it to. It does the job - it is sturdy, and it breaks down for easy storage in my boat.

I do have a few issues with it though. First of all, it stinks something awful! I have been told it's the cheap grease that they use. I have sprayed it down with degreaser, and scrubbed it several times and I can't get rid of the smell! If I transport it in the back of my SUV, I have to drive with the windows open! You have to make sure that your kayak is securely strapped to the cart or it will fall off. The hardware on the cart is not stainless, so it rusts very quickly. I will need to replace it this year. With the quick release wheels, different wheel/tire combinations (ballon tires for instance - the current tires don't do well in the soft stuff)would make sense.

For the price, I was expecting a little more durability (and a lot less stench). I think that it is a good concept, but Seattle Sports needs to use a less funky grease, and better hardware.

06-24-2009
Submitted by: PuppeSend Email

I've had this for about 6 months and used it on every surface except fine sand. It works admirably well and can be had for a good price point (made in China, like 90% of everything else sold in the US nowadays). I'm only rating this an 8 of 10 because: There is grotesque rating inflation on this site (I appreciate the contributory forum very much...but come on, people! 10/10 isn't a rating, it's a "Booyah!"); you don't get a boat strap in the box; and it has one annoying aspect.

A boat strap would have been a nice addition. You do have to strap down your boat tight to go any distance - but that's the deal with any cart. Your typical roof rack strap is too long, so a nice "shortie" to match the cart would be good.

And the annoying aspect - the grease they use during factory assembly really stinks bad! I wiped off most of the offending stuff, but it was so potent I was smelling it through the shipping box. It also pervaded my car the first time or to I took it out with me. Note to manufacturer - use any cheap grease that doesn't stink so bad, there has to be one.

07-14-2008

This little cart is easy to snap together and take apart. The kick stand holds it in place for loading, and I've learned if I sit it at about a 45 degree angle next to the boat, all I have to do is lift one end of the boat, move it onto the cart, and strap it on. One strap has proven to be sufficient, placed on the leading support bar and tightened securely. Pulling my boat up the long hill from the launch site at the Wekiwa Spring State Park has become ho-hum instead of the dreaded ordeal at the end of the day pre-Nemo.

08-20-2007
Submitted by: seacatSend Email

What a backsaver! It took a few tries to get the hang of securing my kayak to the Nemo. I use straps with cam buckles -- sometimes just one strap, two if the terrain is bumpy. It works great over everything I've come across so far. I've easily wheeled my kayak along lengthy parking lots, to and from sand spots up and over grass and sand-bag-lunky boat ramps. Haven't gone yet over a significant length of just grass or sand, but I'm guessing the Nemo would do well if the boat's well secured. I give the Nemo an 8 only because it took me a few tries, and some frustration, to figure out the best way to tie the kayak to it.