Product Reviews > Kayaks > Liquidlogic Kayaks > Versa Board Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Versa Board Kayak by Liquidlogic Kayaks

Rated: 7.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

03-20-2014
Submitted by: HkSend Email

Best purchase I've ever made! I know that's a bit grande but I absolutely love it. Yes, may be a little heavy, but I really don't find it that unmanageable. Tracks really good - I've had it in the ocean - small waves and out on the lake in choppy water and it is so stable. Only problem for me is it took me 4 months to get it shipped to Australia

01-20-2014

I demoed the Versa board today in Tampa Bay along with several other stand up boards. It has some very nice features and seating options along with some drawbacks.

It was very stable and tracked ok with the skeg down. It was very roomy/comfy. It was also very very heavy. It feels much heavier than it's claimed 55 lbs. The tag-along wheel also doesn't work well because the front handle flip flops around. It has bad hull slap and is terribly slow with zero glide. It feels like constant drag!

I also tried the Ocean Kayak Nalu which felt much faster and tracked better cost less and was lighter so I bought the Nalu.

09-21-2011
Submitted by: searkSend Email

Tried the Versa out this past weekend as well as a NRS Big Earl inflatable SUP. Compared to the inflatable, the Versa was much more stable - and much heavier. The Versa has greater versatility and I liked the sculpted sitting area. I was on a lake and really liked the Versa. I see it has a real option for paddling my dog and I. I like the options of being able to alternate between sitting and standing (and laying down for a nap!).

The inflatable SUP required greater balance and did have more flex. Had lower weight capacity and I can't see paddling the dog and a cooler out to my favorite island on it. I could see doing that on the Versa.

I have been a touring kayaker for several years and have done some races. Paddle mostly big rivers, swamps, lakes, bayous, estuaries and occasionally mild surf on trips to the coast. I could see using the Versa in almost all those conditions. Really like the idea of an inflatable that I could carry in the trunk for spur of the moment trips, but think I would probably use the Versa more often.

04-05-2011
Submitted by: BRCSend Email

My wife and I recently bought the Versa Board and the Deuce Coupe. We absolutely love both. We have been using them on the lake, and for most things the Deuce Coupe can't be beat. But when the water is flat and shallow, the Versa board comes into its own. The Versa is almost as fast as the Deuce except when it gets choppy, then the wide flat bow really slaps the water and slows it down. Gear storage is possible with the bungees, but you need dry bags. I only point this out because it is a hybrid yak/paddle board. Seating positions with or without the optional seats are comfortable for me, and the deluxe seat I have quick detaches so you can flip it back out of the way for stand-up paddling. Standing is a blast, although at my weight of 215 lbs I notice some flex under my feet in certain sections of the board. This board is very stable, tracks great with the skeg down and is very maneuverable with it up. This will definitely be the one I choose for use is bays and flat water, and can't wait to try it on slower rivers. My wife is planning on using it to follow and assist triathlon swimmers.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!