Product Reviews > Kayaks > Lightspeed Kayaks > Fusion Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Fusion Kayak by Lightspeed Kayaks

08-31-2013
Submitted by: HSend Email

I love my Fusion kayak, it's light, easy to load and unload and I love how it tracks in the water. It's also a very comfortable ride.

09-18-2010

Based on the absence of reviews for their products, Lightspeed seems to be a best kept secret. I recently bought a Lightspeed Fusion - my second kayak. I've only been kayaking a bit over a year but wanted something less recreational and more touring than my Pungo Duralite - a great boat in its own right. But I also wanted something with good stability and easy access - I don't like cockpits I have to squeeze into.

I did my research - not much opportunity to really try out different boats when you live in Arizona. I found Lightspeed and the Fusion on the Internet. Well, the Fusion is thermomolded, only 38 lbs and easy to carry and load up on the rack on the back of our truck, with double storage compartments and bulkheads, and an easily adjustable foot peg system.

Fit and finish is first rate - red over white - striking good looks. It's got a large cockpit opening so it's easy for older, less flexible guys like me to get in and out of with a very comfortable seat. I've been out twice in it and it tracks straight, even into the wind without weathercocking. It's got good glide and is very stable. There's plenty of deck rigging for strapping down spare paddles and whatever else you want. The storage compartments stay dry. At 12 feet, it's a manageable length that's perfect for the lake kayaking I do. I'll update this as I get to use the boat more...