Product Reviews > Kayaks > Jackson Kayak > Fun Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Fun Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Fun Kayak by Jackson Kayak

Length: 6' 6" - Starting at: $999.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Jackson Kayak Logo

07-03-2014
Submitted by: PaulSend Email

Another recent craigslist purchase, the 2010 model. This boat was my first experience with a whitewater boat so i will try to not judge it based upon my limited experience. The boat came with the sweet cheeks seat, and the inflatable leg rests, as well as the inflatable foot bag (forget the product name) and the stern buoyancy.

This boat spins on a dime and is very quick to move around an obstruction. While it is not advisable, i have spun it around and paddled it upstream on a calmer stretch of river and i could make upriver progress. This boat is a little small for a 6'2" paddler that i am, but thats just a personal space issue i guess, im more used to the comfort of a recreational kayak. I would wish the back lumbar pad sat a little higher, slightly above the hips, but again i think a smaller paddler would find that to be in the proper position. Very easy to maneuver and do flips, if you are of the persuasion to do so intentionally. I would recommend this to anyone looking to do some fun playboating, but for casual river tripping, invest in a larger boat.

07-30-2013

2010 model Jackson Fun, bought to replace a competing brand that I had worn out after 5 years of New England streams and Rivers. This boat loves to surf (the operator hasn't the skills to do tricks, the boat would easily however). I mostly run rivers and recently ran Canada Falls section of the Penobcot, the Gorge and Crib work and the Kennebec Gorge. The boat isn't a creeker but handled the cl 4-5 water nicely. I weight about 175, the upper end of the recommended range, and fine the Fun will handle just about anything I want to do.

08-26-2010
Submitted by: Nige

Jackson claim the Fun is the perfect crossover between river runner and dedicated playboat. Well I wouldn't want to argue with EJ but... it's definitely more playful than river runner! The back end is extremely lively. I'm a very experienced paddler and I found the stern very dippy with lots of corrections to prevent unrequested stern squirts! This was especially bad when ferry gliding or breaking in.

It tracked well and handled waves easily and it practically surfed river waves on its own! I took it surfing in the sea and was surprised how easily it got back looped but it's a Jacskon so it's incredibly easy to roll. On the ocean waves it was fantastic fun very very responsive great on edge and recovered from ridiculous angles.

All in all if you want Fun down river get one. However if you're starting out, I'd give it a miss, far too lively you'll find yourself on a steep learning curve if you get a Fun as your first boat.

Final note outfitting: Jackson outfitting is weird. You'll either love it or hate it. Personally, I have grown to love it!

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports