Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Search 15.0 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Search 15.0 Kayak by Perception

10-12-2010

After having owned the OK Prowler 13' & 15' and the Tarpon 16', the Search 15' is my all around favorite. Excellent stability in rough water, tracking is outstanding, speed is equal to the Tarpon 16, seat/deck layout is perfect and it's a dry ride even for my 210 lbs. Front hatch fits tightly and let NO water in as is the small center hatch next to the seat. The seat is very comfortable, the fit/finish/rigging is very good. Have had this kayak in big whitecaps and rolling swells and it performed well. The downside to this kayak is it's heavy..but that also makes it track very well and there is no hull slap from waves! Outstanding kayak, good job Perception.

08-26-2010

This is a review for a 2010 Perception Search 15.0 with rudder.
I am pretty new to ocean kayaking but have been out a few times before. This is the first kayak that I have bought and owned. Could not be happier with my choice. Handles moderate swells with ease. Took it out for 4 hours the first day and didn't want to turn around and head home.

I am more or less of a "straight line" kayaker so can't really comment much on maneuverability, since that is more or less irrelevant (to me) when paddling a mile or two out at sea, but the Search tracks great. Love the tankwell storage behind the seat. Easily fit my PFD, drybag and Scupper Pup cart. Would hold a lot more if I needed it. Unlikely I will use the front hatch until I take this thing to Catalina and need some overnight storage.

Love love love this kayak. Good stuff.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports