Product Reviews > Kayaks > Advanced Elements, Inc. > Advanced Frame Sport Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Advanced Frame Sport Kayak by Advanced Elements, Inc.

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

Advanced Frame Sport Kayak by Advanced Elements, Inc.

Length: 10' 5" - Width: 32.00" - Starting at: $439.99
See More Details about this Kayak
Advanced Elements, Inc. Logo

08-18-2014
Submitted by: SRSend Email

We like our kayaks, although they could track better. We've ordered backbones in the hope that they will. A big downside is the pump: if you lose the valve adapter, a replacement is very difficult to obtain. No one seems to carry them and obtaining one from the company is slow.

08-04-2014

We have 4 AE Sport kayaks for our family and we love them. The kayaks take up minimal space and it only takes about 20 minutes to inflate all four. Same to deflate and pack them up. The kayaks are very durable but most of all comfortable, no hard shell. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a recreational kayak.

03-28-2013

This 10.5 foot inflatable kayak is so easy to use. Just unfold, inflate, attach the seat and you are on the water in under 10 minutes. With the aluminum ribs in the bow and stern and inserting the light weight AE "Backbone" (sold separately) make this little sporty kayak track and perform as well as any hardshell. I also recommend purchasing the AE adjustable foot pegs system for better foot and leg stability while paddling.

The Advanced Elements Advance Frame Sport is great for those paddlers who can no longer lift and portage heavy kayaks or who don't have the storage space for big hardshell kayaks but still want to get out on the water. Other great features of this kayak are the 2 velcro straps on each side of the deck to hold two full size paddles, lots of storage space behind the seat and deck rigging,the easy-to-use inflate/deflate air valves, 2 molded grip handles and the puncture resistant hull material. Great little recreational kayak!!!

10-05-2012
Submitted by: Sandra F.Send Email

I purchased my Advanced Elements Advanced Frame Sport in August 2012 and after using it once, I realized I wanted the "AE Backbone" for added stability, support and improved tracking. I wasn't able to go kayaking using the backbone until 2 days ago on October 1 and boy, what an improvement in the kayaks' performance.

The AE AF Sport is my third inflatable kayak and by far the best one I have owned thus far. I found it handled 1 foot waves on a lake quiet well and tracked and sliced through the water like a hard shell kayak. I love the fact that it weighs only 26 lbs (plus another pound with the backbone installed). I use my AE Inflatable foot rest for added leg stability. I absolutely love the paddle holders on both sides and the deck rigging bungee cord for holding my manual bilge pump(just in case I need it).

I like the orange and blue sporty design on the deck (easy to see on the water for safety reasons), the built-in carry handles and the fact that it is so portable unlike hard shell kayaks. I believe that the aluminum ribs in the bow and stern combined with the AE Backbone I purchased, give the AE AF Sport excellent tracking and performance. I am very pleased with my purchase and would purchase AE inflatables again and I recommend them to friends and family. If you cannot lift heavy hard shell kayaks due to physical problems, but still want to be able to go kayaking, then inflatable kayaks are your ticket to getting out there and enjoying being "at one with water" again.

PS: My first AE inflatable kayak was the Fire Fly but I found it to be too short (at 7ft. 10 in. long) to track well unless I used really shallow paddle strokes. It is very stable on the water. I found it to be a well constructed inflatable kayak good for kids or small adults. I have tried to sell it online but no one wants to buy it because they think it is just a cheap plastic kayak like the ones you can get at discount stores but AE inflatable kayaks are not cheaply made at all.

Thank you Advanced Elements, for making such quality products at reasonable prices.

08-24-2012

I have had my Advanced Frame Sport for two years. It is my first kayak, and after I added the "backbone" (a stabilizer bar that should be included but is sold as an accessory) it became a 10. I don't do whitewater, but have done a lot of lakes and estuaries all over the Northwest. It is great! I can set it up in about 10-12 minutes, and it transports easily in its bag in the back of my Prius. I have let a 250-pound man use it in Idaho, and he loved it too. I am only 5'2", he is about 6'2".

My only complaint is that it sits higher off the water than most hardshell boats and is a little dicey in wind. But I can flyfish out of it, and now that I have an RV, it even fits in a storage locker underneath--still no rack to worry about! Great boat, small price, and no matter what other boats I may own, I will probably keep my AF Sport!

08-16-2010
Submitted by: LauraSend Email

Loved it!
I have some real physical issues, some of which P related in review of Pelican Break. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and a neurological condition. The neuro has left me very - as in VERY - weak. The advertised and probably very near accurate 26 lb of this boat is about all I can handle, and I must be careful of carry in that I also have issue with connective tissue and can easily pop ribs out of place fore and aft. I am also a business owner, but I do not do this to make a lot of $$$, but to work around many issues including the base issue of mine: autism, and I make very little $ and also live in a house all of 8' x 15' (really) and have small storage space. Rubber ducks are good.

The Advanced Frame is light enough to work for me. It folds small enough to store even in my house, and can carry as luggage; that last bit assisted me a lot in carry inasmuch as I am weak. The boat sets up quickly and with little effort (goodie). It also goes easily back into its bag... my earlier inflatoboat did not. This is not like fighting an angry anaconda upon deflation and stow. It is nearly too easy. The quality of materials is wonderful. The bag it came in and goes back into is of higher quality than the Sevylor boat I had previously owned. all is well considered.

The boat is a good boat, not "Well, it's okay for being an inflatable..." I found that it tracked well, and that even I (equipped with a Canon was it, Cascade paddle) could easily make 3.5 MPH at cruise in still air. Also, this boat eats wind! I live at nearly 7,000 MSL in the mountains of Arizona and there can be wind here. The boat works waves (such as I encountered - to about 18" trough to crest) and wind at any angle on the boat. No ill handling at all, easy ride, good tracking, the wet I got came from paddle drip in the wind. I had it on GPS to 3.5 cruise and about 4.25 top. I think a hard boat of this LOA would not beat that by much. And it was comfortable too, both to paddle and to carry.

I have no complaints at all about the Advanced Frame Sport. I loved it. I also must state that Airkayaks.com is the place to buy. They were nice and service was fast and prices the best. So why the past tense? Well, whereas I loved the Advanced Frame Sport, I would if I could, return my life! Business sucks in this Obamaconomy and my architectural business (about $10,000.00 gross last year) is not doing well. In a bad economy marginal persons such as myself suck the first and the worst. The county government that I must deal with has several of my jobs in the realm of von neuman incompleatness and I have not been paid for a long time. i just sold 'yak and paddle and vest and pump to make this month's credit card bill. When life gives you lemons, rub your eyes with them - my new motto.

But the boat was a goodie. Gal I sold it to calls it "a Cadillac' in comparison with her other boat. I wish I had the receipt to my life!

Airkayaks.com
New & demo Advanced Elements & Airis inflatable kayaks. Great prices, fast shipping! Intl. inquiries welcome!