Product Reviews > Accessories > Cascade Creek Yakgrips Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Cascade Creek Yakgrips

Rated: 8.13/10 Based On: 8 Reviews

Cascade Creek Co., Inc. Logo
See Products from Cascade Creek Co., Inc. in the Buyers' Guide!
Cascade Creek Co., Inc. in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Yakgrips

09-22-2014
Submitted by: LLBSend Email

I love these grips. I have used them for several years. I have searched local stores for an additional pair for my husband's paddle and have not been able to locate them. So glad I can order them online from a reputable source. Everyone should have a pair.

09-05-2014

We purchased two pairs of these (non-velcro) for our take-apart paddles. They require slight effort in putting them on, using water makes it easier. They fit snug on our paddles. They are not thick, yet they provide just enough cushion to keep a good grip and be comfortable, even in heavy paddling. If and when they wear out, I will purchase them again.

05-05-2014

I was very surprised at how comfortable the neoprene grips are. I thought they might have been made cheap because of the price, but they saved my hands in the long run. If they are wet or dry, the condition doesn't matter. They still remain comfortable and easy to place on paddle. Excellent product and good job Yak Grips.

08-19-2013

I purchased a pair of Yakgrips kayak paddle grips for my paddles. I wanted to protect my hands from blisters while paddling. I figured it was a great idea. I also considering paddling gloves as an alternative to the Yakgrips. Used them one time and noticed they don't stay put on the paddle shafts. When they get wet they tend to slide up and down the shaft. I found it better to paddle without them. Needless to say I will be retuning them.

08-05-2013

I have a few paddles that have seen better days. A fiberglass model that has tears in the wrapping in the grip area. I have another one that has loose drip rings. Couple that with a sister-in-law and daughter who keep getting blisters and I figured I should give these a try.

I bought four: two of each style (split shaft and solid shaft) they seem to work as advertised. Everyone who has used them has liked them. I'd recommend the solid shaft model because the Velcro closure allows one to put it on directly rather than taking things apart rand trying to slip the pad down the shaft. Also, if you have a paddle that splits and allows you to set the feathering to a wide range of settings, you won't be able to slip the split paddle model on one of the shafts.

04-09-2013
Submitted by: RodSend Email

Did not like them. Neither did my wife. We took them off and will give them away to someone who likes them. They slipped around too much for me. I'd rather do without.

09-05-2012

We paddled a few trips without Yakgrips and started to get blisters on our hands. I seen the Yakgrips on ebay and ordered a couple of pair. They are great, no more blisters and makes holding onto the paddle easier. We has them on Aqua-Bound Manta Ray aluminum shaft paddles and they do slip a little on the shaft, but not so much that it becomes annoying. Would not hesitate to buy more if I needed them.

08-04-2010

I'm on my second set of YakGrips because I love them! After 3 full summers of paddling a couple times per week the rubber wore out and the grips started slipping on my first pair.

They slip onto the paddle shaft after you wet it (hard to get all the way on the right, wider shaft end) and stay in place until the rubber wears out. I saw a review on Amazon that said they slip; when new, mine barely move at all on the shaft.

I find these help with paddling comfort, which reduces fatigue. If you have large hands they are especially helpful. My fingers no longer wrap way around the paddle shaft, making finger release on the forward stroke easier. I tried paddling gloves for a few excursions, but prefer YG's.
I highly recommend this for kayaking.