Product Reviews > Accessories > NRS Clearwater PFD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for NRS Clearwater PFD

Rated: 9.2/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

NRS Logo
See Products from NRS in the Buyers' Guide!
NRS in the Buyers' Guide:
  • PFD's (Life Jackets)
  • Kids PFD's
  • Dog PFD
  • Women's PFDs

08-21-2014
Submitted by: LarrySend Email

Purchased the Mesh Back PFD and found it was extremely comfortable. The floatation material on the back is high enough that it is above the seatback, so does not push you forward or provide any painful pressure points. The mesh back also keeps my back from sweating. I frequently paddled for several hours straight, so having a PFD that is comfortable and cool is extremely important. Purchased a second NRS PFD for my wife that is designed for women and she also loves it!

07-17-2014
Submitted by: SKPSend Email

This is my second season with my red NRS Clearwater PFD. I absolutely love how adjustable it is. You have several straps that you can adjust for a perfect fit. This current season I put it on, and realized that since last season I must have put on some weight. No problem, I just readjusted the straps and was ready to go. I love the big pockets in the front. One pocket has a little loop inside, which makes it easy to loop the cord to my whistle preventing it from going overboard. I also like the mesh back, it keeps me cool, and I can lay backward on the deck without the jacket in the way. That does mean that there is more flotation around your neck and shoulders, but it doesn't interfere with movement, though it can make your shoulders and the back of your neck a bit warmer.
Over all, the PFD is worth the price.

07-19-2013

I have been kayaking for a little over a year and my first kayaking PFD purchase was a NRS Clearwater. I tried several brands on before making my purchase, but I am glad I choose the Clearwater.

There are several things I like about this PFD. First is the comfort. I can wear this PFD for hours at a time without any issues. It has a comfortable mesh back and is extremely adjustable for a secure fit. Secondly, I like the outer material. The material dries quickly and the blue color looks very good in my opinion. Lastly, the PFD has two large pockets on the front for storing things such as snacks and paddling gloves. I am very happy with my purchase and would highly recommend this PFD.

08-24-2012
Submitted by: shnngnsSend Email

My husband and I both bought the charcoal color. As soon as they were delivered we tried them on and adjusted them. I was amazed at the comfort of this PFD as well as the quality. Both PFDs fit my husband and me like a glove. The adjustability of them is fantastic, and the ability to move freely while wearing it is priceless. I love how large both the front pockets are. And again, I love how comfortable this PFD is, this PFD doesn't ride up when you sit down, which is very important in my opinion.
I would recommend it to friends, and I would buy another in a heartbeat

07-30-2010

Being a bigger guy (6'3" 250) I was having a hard time finding a decent pfd that fit me well without being stuck half way up my torso. So I took a chance and ordered the NRS Clearwater sight unseen (45 something from departmentofgoods.com), and I must say I'm very pleased.
  • Good range of motion in the boat
  • Flotation is high on the back so as not to interfere with the seat back
  • This thing seems infinitely adjustable and I imagine you could cinch down the XXL to fit just about any adult in a pinch
  • I'm giving it an 8 because it could use a few more attachment points (no where on the front for my fixed blade)
  • You can unzip the front and leave the bottom buckle buckled if your a little too warm
  • My knife does seem to mount nicely on the adjustment straps on the side of the pfd under either arm.
All in all, a solid PFD that keeps me floating without being stuck around my chest.