Product Reviews > Kayaks > Riot Kayaks > Quest 10 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Quest 10 Kayak by Riot Kayaks

Quest 10 Kayak by Riot Kayaks

Length: 10' 0" - Width: 28.00" - Starting at: $549.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Riot Kayaks Logo

07-03-2014

The Riot Quest is a very versatile small kayak. I bought one for each of my two teenage daughters and they have had a blast with them. The Quest tracks well, is pretty fast for a short boat and with a skirt, it can play in white water, or at the beach. The hardware is durable. The waterproof compartment stays dry, though it may ship a few drops. The Quest is rollable, which is a great safety feature.

As a first boat for my daughters it has been fantastic. A real confidence booster, with go anywhere ability. Even for Dad at 200 lbs, the Quest is fun, though it's not meant for that weight. I've seen them used in rental operations and it's no wonder why. They simply deliver on water fun for every paddler that gets into one. Try one for yourself!

05-30-2014
Submitted by: CLSend Email

Well, after many months of researching kayaks I finally decided too make the purchase. Based on price and features I had decided on the Riot Quest 10. Not being able to see one in person. I made the purchase from REI based on photos and description. Upon receiving the kayak. I quickly discovered the seat in the actual product was far from that of the photos and description. It was not the "custom fit seating system" as displayed and described on Riot's web site. There is minimal padding on the seat and back. The seat back is very thin plastic with flimsy adjustment nuts for the seat back height. The plastic of the seat back merely rests in dimples in the seat pan. It is only held in place by the webbing that adjusts the recline of the seat back. REI quickly corrected the the description and photo of the kayak on their website and even offered to refund 20% of the cost of the kayak. Quest however offered to sell me another seat for a $160 plus shipping. And that seat still does not match the description. Not to mention that would make the cost of the kayak on par with a Dagger or Wilderness Systems. Guess the boat will be going back for one of the above.

07-28-2010
Submitted by: TsunamiSend Email

As a follow up to my previous posting, I have since paddled the Riot Quest a few more times and I can say that I have come to appreciate how easy it is to paddle and turn. Although not as stable as many 10' rec boats, this kayak moves along much better than they do! I think it is a keeper! :>)

07-13-2010

After paddling a WS Tsunami 140 for a few years, we decided to pick up a couple of 10' kayaks just for quick paddles locally. I found a couple of Riot Quest 10's in excellent condition on Craigslist. They are really very nice looking little kayaks...nice finish, Greenland style bow...although they do have the useless rear hatch (no bulkhead).

We took them out today and found them to be a bit tippy at first, but after a few minutes I started to feel more comfortable. The Quest does move along very well for a 10' boat, glides nice, turns on a dime, and tracks well in very flatwater. But in any kind of moving water it needs constant correcting...I'm talikng about a gentle river current, nothing with a class number! Also, some of the design elements are questionable...in front of the seat where the indentation is for a beverage holder, they installed the seat adjustment buckle. Plus the comfort and available adjustments for the seat are mediocre. However, nothing is perfect and it does have it's attributes, so I do plan on using it a few more times before I decide it's "fate"!