Product Reviews > Kayaks > Necky Kayaks > Looksha 12 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Looksha 12 Kayak by Necky Kayaks

Rated: 9.2/10 Based On: 10 Reviews

09-05-2014

The Necky Looksha 12 SI has great handling for an intermediate skills kayaker. It's a perfect fit for my 5'1" frame. The narrower cockpit width prevents splashing paddle water on myself. The hull with its many angled surfaces glides very easily through the water. Best kayak for my frame and skill!

05-27-2014
Submitted by: YekomsSend Email

My wife and I are in Southeastern Pennsylvania and we rented kayaks a few times in late 2013 from the Take It Outdoors Adventure Group and like the hobby a lot. Over the winter we bought two Looksha 12s from Lancaster County Marine Inc. on their lay-away deal.

The Looksha 12s are great performing boats for us. They are big enough that we won't out grow them but small enough to haul and store. With the hull design, two hatches and a great seat for us we couldn't ask for a better combination. With the dealer service from LCM Inc. and even meeting the Necky rep at LCM's expo this has been a great venture for us.
We hope that this review will help others get on the water.

08-08-2013

I just upgraded from a 10' recreational kayak to the Looksha 12si and what a difference. I do mostly lake paddling for now and this yak glides nicely and tracks straight. It gets rough in the afternoons with the winds and boat traffic, and the Necky cuts right through the waves!! The seat is really comfortable even after a couple of hours in it. It weighs 50lbs so I can still lift it up on top of the car.

I would highly recommend this kayak to anyone looking for a day touring yak.

08-03-2013

Good recreational kayak. Tracks well; very comfortable. Foot pegs could be longer for a person 6'3" - my feet extend beyond the adjustment. Stow covers are hard to put back on...

07-19-2013

I purchased a clearance Looksha 12 as a compliment to my Tsunami 125, for my wife or friends to use. The boat paddles and tracks well, is stable, and the seat is quite comfortable. I have used it on a smooth lake and a slow river. It went up river against the current without much trouble. The bulkheads seem to have reasonable space and should be adequate for a weekend trip.

I would recommend this boat to a beginner as something you will not outgrow in a year.

07-08-2013
Submitted by: PABSend Email

I have the Looksha 12 SI and my husband has the Looksha 12. We love them. The Looksha has the most comfortable seat and back rest of any kayak we tried. They are stable and easy to maneuver in the back country. Though not the lightest ones we tried, they weigh about 50 pounds and we can easily put them on top of our Jeep for transfer. Try them, you will be glad you did.

07-03-2012
Submitted by: Ken WintersSend Email

I've owned my Looksha 12 for just a few weeks and have enjoyed it immensely. For a 12 foot kayak it is fast and sleek. My bud has a 17 foot Necky, so obviously I will not take him in a race, but I can lift this up onto the roof racks very easily! Very maneuverable, tracks straight, and incredibly comfortable. I love the adjustable thigh supports. When you really want to push it, they give you lots of extra leverage. Quality is excellent. BEST of all, I got this brand new on a Father's Day sale 1/2 price: $449. I couldn't believe it!

08-29-2011

I started kayaking this summer in Lake George on a family trip...enjoyed what I thought were pretty good kayaks...then I came back to Illinois and, got involved with Paddle and Trail, where I rented many kinds and makes of kayaks...Well, I just purchased the Looksha 12, from them and, it is out of all the ones I tried the best for me...

05-31-2011
Submitted by: Eddy Paddles - Rating: 10 of 10
This review courtesy of www.outdoorplay.com

I was short on storage space so I knew that I needed a 12 foot kayak. I fell in love with the Looksha 12 the first time I paddled it. First, the Extra Sport seat is one of the most comfortable seats I’ve tried. No sore bum, even after being on the water all day. Secondly, the Looksha 12 maneuvers easily, even in heavy wake. And thirdly, I had no problem keeping up with my paddle buddy and his boat is two feet longer (Pungo 140). If you haven’t tried a Looksha 12 you really should. You won’t be disappointed!

06-16-2010

Going in to my second season with the Looksha 12 and I am very happy. This is my first kayak. I have not tried a lot of different kayaks, so I have no real reference for comparison.

I use it for one to two night trips on rivers in the Midwest and for fishing on small lakes and ponds. I chose this kayak over other similar kayaks due to its large storage capacity for its length. I feel that the performance is good. It has fair maneuverability and tracks well. It is a kayak that is good for many types of boating. The adjustable seat is very comfortable. It takes a good bit of abuse from unloading and loading on rocky banks and concrete boat ramps as well as bottoming out on sand and rocks. There are visible signs (small scratches on the bottom of the boat) from the wear but seams to be a long way from punctures or any leakage in the hull.

Overall I am well satisfied with this boat. It is a boat that can get you though the moving water but still fairs well on the larger slower rivers and small lakes and ponds.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!