Product Reviews > Accessories > Carlisle Magic II kayak paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Carlisle Magic II kayak paddle

Rated: 7.4/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

08-10-2014

This is a decent fiberglass paddle. I picked it up at our local big box store for a decent price. The blade is fiberglass and it is a bit lighter weight than the Day Tripper paddle. It will work good for a beginner or intermediate paddler. The ferrule separates easily and it performs as expected. If you kayak long distances you may want to upgrade to something lighter with a longer blade. Price wise it is compatible with some of the lower end Bending Branches and AT. But it is a contender.

07-07-2014

Great paddle for the price, strong & sturdy construction, adjustable to straight or offset paddling, and have had no issues with the center pin after many years of use

06-06-2011
Submitted by: NugentSend Email

This paddle will get the job done. However, after breaking two of these in two trips at the center connector piece, I contacted Carlisle to buy two replacement connector pieces. They said they couldn't sell me any paddle components. I guess its too hard to import those from China by themselves ;) So much for customer service. Two weeks ago I would have give this paddle a 10. However after such a cold response from Carlisle, I want everyone to know they don't care about their lifelong customers. They just want to sell you a new replacement paddle. I got my paddles fixed using a piece of metal tubing that fill snug into both shafts. Way stronger than the piece of crap plastic piece anyway.

08-12-2010
Submitted by: thomas9070Send Email

I bought one of these paddles at Bass Pro, took it out one time and the blade fell off, sinking to the bottom of the Erie Canal. I took it back and Bass Pro gave me a replacement. About a week later, both blades came off. this time I was able to retrieve them and have since re-glued and screwed the blades back on to the oar. Just be aware that you may need to make this adjustment if you buy one of these Carlisle paddles.

06-11-2010
Submitted by: Nick O.Send Email

I have had this paddle for about 6 years now and have had great luck with it so far. It has stayed very tight and sturdy the whole time. Its a little bit heavy, but for the price I wasn't expecting it to be a featherweight. I got the version with the wrapped fiberglass handle and poly blades in a 230cm and it is great for rec touring