Product Reviews > Kayaks > Future Beach > Nexus 144t Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Nexus 144t Kayak by Future Beach

Nexus 144t Kayak by Future Beach

Length: 12' 2" - Width: 35.00" - Starting at: $699.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Future Beach Logo

08-05-2010
Submitted by: RBNSend Email

As with the other two reviews, I experienced the same issue. I put it to the surf in Mirmar Beach, FL and was out only a few minutes when I noticed the kayak becoming heavier. We were out for about 20 minutes and brought it back in. I had to drain it of about 5 gallons of water. I endured the week with multiple drainings. When I got home I cleaned the kayak up and flooded the back seat and so-called water tight hatch only to hear water dripping into the inner hull. I bought the kayak from Dick's and call them and they said they may have a recall on this model. I am going to take it back for a refund.

07-09-2010

Our experience was similar. While our weight limit was far below the posted capacity of the boat, I was immediately sitting under water. It was clear that the hatches were not water tight, and the boat began taking on water. Within 20 minutes we had to paddle to shore as the boat was half-full of water and in danger of sinking. Fish actually swam into the cockpit of the kayak!

05-24-2010
Submitted by: jySend Email

Got it for about $449 at Dicks. It was marked down it think it was a clearance item... now I know why. Spent a long time looking for a tandem kayak that wasn't to expensive finally found this one. The problem with the kayak is that the two locking seals leak water into it. Me and a friend went out for the first time on it and had to drain water out of it within the first 10 minutes on water. Then the day just kind of got worse and worse. We had to dump water out of it about 15 times before we gave up and started floating out of the kayak down river until a rapid or something came up and we would get on for a couple of seconds. Even not on the kayak it seemed to be taking in some water. Also we noticed that the screw holes seemed to be leaking air, not sure if the were taking in water yet. The hooks and ropes attached to the kayak are really cheap plastic and they all broke but for a couple. The Ram-X material is not that very good you will so scratched up even on the very first trip that we cant take it back. i am not sure about any of the other future beach products but if they are made the same I would go to a different manufacturer. However all in all we are going to teflon some of the screws and use some apoxy glue maybe or something like that. Then tape the edges of the two main top holes. Would not suggest any kayak with a locking mechanism for the holes, it's a nice idea but future beach did not do it right.

Pygmy Boats: