Product Reviews > Canoes > Scott Canoe > Trillium 16 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Trillium 16 Canoe by Scott Canoe

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

04-02-2010

I have an older Trillium in Kevlar that has the foam ribs, I think that they are now with a foam core floor. My gunnels are wide vinyl and have stayed in good condition. If I recall correctly, My hull with a few patches from its days as a rental boat. It weighs 65 pounds, which is a bit more than advertised, this is heavy but may mean that it is more durable. The cargo volume is limited by a very long sliding front seat track. The long sliding track on the front seat means that it can be put in a great position for solo paddling it backwards. The wood-framed webbing seats rest on brackets molded into the hull for a clean and secure connection. The seat height is not easily lowered, I find the height good for sitting or kneeling. There is minimal rocker and a low stem and stern. In the water the boat has a very level profile that, while unusual looking, does has the benefit of lower exposure to wind. I do not have much experience with this canoe in larger waves, I would expect it to be a little wet though. This touring canoe is quite fast, tracks well and can feel tippy. I do not have much experience with this canoe in larger waves, I would expect it to be a little wet but easy to manage. It does okay in easy whitewater. I would recommend this boat to a light packer that is interested in fast touring mainly on flat water and would like to do some solo canoeing. The canoe is now manufactured and sold by Scott Canoes.

Botetourt County Tourism: