Product Reviews > Kayaks > Emotion Kayaks > Bliss Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Bliss Kayak by Emotion Kayaks

Rated: 9.63/10 Based On: 8 Reviews

Bliss Kayak by Emotion Kayaks

Length: 10' 10" - Width: 25.25" - Starting at: $499.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Emotion Kayaks Logo

04-02-2014

I am looking forward to paddling again this spring. I enjoyed my Bliss last summer and fall. It is very comfortable for someone my size (5'8" 125 lbs.) No one much bigger than me would be comfortable in it. If it only had a little more storage it would be perfect.

07-17-2013

This kayak works well for me. I'm 5'8', 130 lbs. I had to get used to it because it's tipsy at first. I was used to a canoe! After a few outings I find it easy to paddle. I only wish it had a little more secure of a place to put stuff. The small mesh bag behind the seat doesn't close so you'll have to make sure you secure anything you put there.

It is definitely for smaller built people. Seat is comfortable and foot braces are easy to adjust. As with other reviews, I'm not sure I like the handles. I gave it an 8 because I don't have anything to compare it to. The company is easy to work with.

03-30-2012

I have paddled at least 10 similar boats, and the Bliss is among the best. It is absolutely silky in the water due to the relatively sharp keel. It is not as versatile for different bodies as, say, the Perception Swifty or the Heritage Featherlite. The fit is snug. I'm female, 5'7", 130 lbs, slim build. The Bliss fits me perfectly but might not be comfortable for someone with wider hips & bottom, or with big feet. It will not carry much- just a little day bag. I wouldn't add deck rigging, as the secondary stability is carefully tuned and could be thrown off by too much top weight. The fore & aft foam blocks take up most of the boat. the cockpit is smaller and almost triangular, so you won't have the variety of leg positions that you would with a similar boat, but you will be drier. Foot braces are very easy to adjust on the water.

The geometry of the Bliss is snug, allowing a silky-smooth ride and superb tracking and cornering. I find the Bliss' narrowness so much more comfortable and efficient than the wider cockpit and overall beam of other boats I've paddled. It is sensitive to your stroke. It isn't the all-purpose, all-paddler beginner boat that outfitters use. It is a small, sleek, responsive boat for a small paddler on a variety of waters.

I have paddled it on a slow river and on salt marshes with lots of oyster beds. The Bliss gets scratched as would any other plastic boat. It is light and easy to cartop and carry by yourself.

The teeny grab handles are useless as-is, so I looped some cord through a 6" piece of old garden hose and threaded everything through the factory handles to make usable grab handles.

If you are a small-framed person and have not yet paddled a women's-specific boat, the Bliss will make a believer out of you!

01-30-2012
Submitted by: SCSend Email

Two years and counting since I posted my first review on this boat, and I am more in love with it than ever. I had been dinking around in kayaks for years, but this is the boat that made me a paddler. I was making pretty good time this morning when I slammed into the submerged log. No worries; this boat was where I learned to brace, edge, and use my weight confidently. Recently I was paddling a tidal inlet on a windless day when I rounded a point and saw three breakers headed straight at me. I barely had time to get interested in the situation before I had ridden over them like a cork. Normally I would never consider taking a rec boat with a wide-open cockpit into breakers, but it's good to know that this boat can handle it. The only thing I would mention is that it is not an easy boat to do deep-water self rescues in. It just isn't designed for rough conditions; it's not that kind of boat.

I now own three sea/touring kayaks, each beloved for their particular strengths. The Bliss, though, is my go-to boat, my buddy that I can throw in the bed of my pickup and just go have fun. I'd give it an 11 if I could.

07-08-2011
Submitted by: GGSend Email

what a great boat! This is my third kayak and by far the best all around. Mostly, it's light, very easy to get on and off the car rack. It tracks way better than I expected. The seat straps down for on car transport, there's a mesh bag for sunblock, and it's light, light, light! This must be a company owned and operated by women... very thoughtful. Thank you.

05-07-2010
Submitted by: nmtbudSend Email

Agreed, it is pure Bliss... first kayak I've owned (for 1 1/2yrs). I'm 5'4" 160# and this kayak cruises, well, as said by Josh at Emotion in Wyomissing, PA, "it's what my Mom uses to keep up with us kids..." offers a great workout, easily loaded & launched by myself. Highly recommend any Emotion kayak!

01-07-2010
Submitted by: GCSend Email

The name says it all.. paddling this boat is pure bliss! It is made for a woman and is just enough to hold my 140 pounds and no unnecessary heaviness, making it easy for me to put it on the car myself and carry it down to the shore myself. It can't weigh any more than 40 lbs. It is so easy to paddle and tracks great. There's nothing I love more than a sunrise paddle with my Bliss. For any woman or smaller man, this kayak is perfect.

10-26-2009
Submitted by: SCSend Email

I have owned my Emotion Bliss for one month now, and I couldn't be happier. I've been paddling an Old Town Rush for four years, and while I enjoyed its versatility, it doesn't track well in wind and it's so big, I felt like I was paddling a bathtub! The Bliss is made specifically for a smaller paddler, and it tracks like an arrow. I'm tall-5'11"-but very thin; I wouldn't fit if I were any taller, and a person with larger feet would have a problem with the central bow brace. If it fits, though, it is an extremely comfortable boat and very efficient to paddle. It's very fast for a rec kayak and handles beautifully in wind, waves, and current. It turns well for its length, due to the slight "v" hull-you can tip on edge a bit to make a nice turn. It might feel a bit tippy at first to a beginner due to the slight keel line, but a little practice should dispel any anxiety. The secondary stability is actually quite good. I rated it a "10" because it's exactly what I wanted in a rec boat: small, light, quick, and efficient. I don't think we could use it as a swimming platform like my son's Pamlico, but it's perfect for exploring lakes, bays, and slower creeks and rivers.

Botetourt County Tourism: