Product Reviews > Canoes > Mad River Canoe > Reflection 15 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Reflection 15 Canoe by Mad River Canoe

Rated: 9.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Canoes Image Canoes Image Canoes Image
Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

08-09-2012

I like our Reflection 15. However I find it a bit too tippy with any of the kids on board. It tracks well and is nice and light.

12-06-2009

I bought Mad River's Reflection 15 (formerly produced as the Dagger Reflection 15) at the end of August, 2009, and have been delighted with the design and style of this boat. I immediately added a caned solo seat,(original Mad River seat from REI), 18" behind the portage yoke, and have found this to be a quick, responsive solo canoe that tracks well even in some wind. The narrower beam (32"), makes for a fast and easy glide. It leans/edges well, without feeling tippy. I both kneel on a pad and lean against the seat, like a kneeling thwart, or just sit on the solo seat when my old knees get stiff. And, it works very well as a tandem (it's original purpose!). My wife is pleased with the greater speed and longer glide compared to some former fishing canoes. The weight of the royalex, about 57 lbs, makes for easy car-topping, and I get out at least twice a week! This canoe is designed as a tandem, but with the correctly placed solo seat, works extremely well as both a tandem, or as a sol canoe. My only disappointment was with the gunwale rivets and end caps. Some rivets were not completely pulled through, or were crooked, and the plastic ends and end caps were rough with plastic burrs, and hastily assembled. I might replace these all next year with handmade wooden pieces and scuppered gunwales. Overall, though, a great flatwater, day trip, and shorter tripping boat. Go out a buy one!

10-14-2009
Submitted by: EHSend Email

I recently bought the Reflection 15 2009 with wood. I did a lot of research and considered fiberglass/kevlar as weight was a factor. We are very happy with this canoe, we were worried about lift-ability, but two women can lift this with ease. It tracks well and is a delight to paddle. It was a little tippy at first but I think we needed to just get used to it. Very versatile, light but durable canoe.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports