Product Reviews > Kayaks > Boreal Design > Epsilon 100 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Epsilon 100 Kayak by Boreal Design

Epsilon 100 Kayak by Boreal Design

Length: 16' 4" - Width: 22.50" - Starting at: $1699.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Boreal Design Logo

08-23-2012
Submitted by: CESend Email

I had been planning to purchase an Epsilon 100 for my second kayak this year as I had rented them in several different places and loved them. I am a very small woman and this was a great fit for me. It was the most superior kayak I had tried so far at the time. I own a Delta 14.5 thermoform and LOVE it but it was time for something more challenging. Then I read that Boreal has gone bankrupt and the only way to get them is what stock is available in the retail market now. Bummer. There would also be the problem of warranty issues.

09-25-2009

When I heard that Boreal was introducing a new kayak line, made in three different sizes, I was thrilled. I have been trying to find a kayak that would fit my small frame and even shorter arms. All the kayaks I had tried left me with too much of my torso under the deck, and making it hard to get a good full paddle swing, without hitting my elbows on the sides. I was contacted when they came in, and immediately fell in love. With my first launch, I knew I had made a wise decision. I purchased the composite in orange/rouge fade. Both light and strong, this finish is beautiful to the eye. It almost paddles itself as it glides through the water. I have taken this out in extremely rough conditions and calm. It is very responsive, turns on a dime and is also very stable. I was able to maneuver it easily through waves and spray. For me, entry and exit are easy and fast. The storage is large enough for a weekend away, and the hatch covers are tight and dry.
Overall, I am very pleased with this kayak, and happy to be able to go anywhere, in any conditions. The fit and finish is the best I have seen.

OS Systems: