Product Reviews > Accessories > Malone HandiRack Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Malone HandiRack

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Research Roof Racks and Trailers in the Buyers' Guide!
Roof Racks and Trailers
View Roof Racks and Trailers in Buyers' Guide

09-09-2014

The Malone rack is an easy rack to install and load. The only thing that has been a problem is that one of the flexible wings has cracked, but I continue to use it and it works great.

03-24-2013

I had used foam blocks and Yakima racks for years, then I got a car which could not mount a rack. My sons and wife came came to the rescue that Xmas with help from Rutabaga. They found the Malone handy rack inflatable car top carrier.

It looks like two WWII G.I. life belts, but works amazingly well. It is strapped on the car top by threading the tie-downs through the open doors and then inflated. I have used it for my Old Town Discovery 164 and Wenonah Fusion. It comes with all straps and air pump. I like it almost as much as my old Yakima. There is only one draw back. When it rains the tie downs act as wicks resulting in showers inside the car. If you can't use a regular rack, or your car doesn't have a factory rack, this is the way to go.

08-31-2010

This is a follow up to my review of the HandiRack from last year. The product still works well... but I recently noticed some small, relatively subtle indentations to the roof of my 2009 Accord. I just ordered hard racks. I would avoid the regular use this product if you have a soft, sheet metal roof (unless you have an old car and don't care.)

08-17-2009

I bought the Malone Inflatable HandiRack roof rack earlier this year. I traded in my old car, which had roof racks, for a brand new one that does not. I didn't want to put hard racks on my new car and decided to give this product a try. I had my doubts at first, but it works really well. Easy to put on and take off. Just a few minutes. Holds my kayak securely. I travel at freeway speed with no problem. On the negative side, the pump that comes with it is kind of rinky dink and makes it a bit of a hassle to inflate. I just keep mine inflated in the garage when not in use. It has also left a few, very fine scratches on my roof.