Product Reviews > Kayaks > Sevylor > Seablade Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Seablade Kayak by Sevylor

03-26-2012
Submitted by: JamesSend Email

I bought a 2 person Seablade and had the same problem of bending in the middle. I thought that maybe the pressure gauge was faulty so I pumped it up above recommended but then it lost proper shape and became completely unstable. Paddling it into the wind is a nightmare because when you really dig in there's no cut in the water so it just wobbles from side to side; the skeg is useless. The space between the outer cover and the inflatable part fills with water and then needs draining, maybe this is part of the design as ballast but it can't be efficient and is a pain in the butt when you get to the beach/bank. When I bought this they sent me two but charged me for one so I put the used and unused on ebay after the first use and actually made a profit! If they had just sent me one I would have lost a lot and been really angry as this item just does not do what it says!! Avoid it!

03-22-2012

I am currently over 200 lbs and if I sit in a seat with the kayak fully inflated, it does not bend. Some water does get inside the cover but not enough to make much difference. It paddles well, but is slower than a hard boat (duh!). Great beach toy that doubles as a good small boat. Plan on getting wet if you paddle any SOT inflatable.

06-07-2011
Submitted by: TJFSend Email

I have owned a 2 seat Seablade for about 3 years. I am very pleased with it. It is extremely stable, tracks well because of the 3 skegs, and is light and easy to carry. It does not bend in the middle. I am 195lbs and 6 feet tall. It is super easy to swim off and get back on. I highly recommend it.

07-21-2009
Submitted by: Mark LangtonSend Email

Very disappointed with the Seablade, having inflated to the recommended pressure the kayak bends in the middle whist in use, I am only 89 kilos and the max weight is 130 kilos so I am way under the max.
My Son is 65 kilos and it also bends in the middle with his weight, also the liner fills with water making the kayak heavy to use and maneuver The sad thing is I purchased 2 of these and they are useless to me, they do not do what they are supposed to do, if you look at any promotional picture of this product you will see a fully grown adult on the kayak without any bend on the Kayak whatsoever, they have obviously photoshopped the pictures to sell an hugely inferior product.