Product Reviews > Accessories > Swift Paddles' Sea Swift paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Swift Paddles' Sea Swift paddle

Rated: 9.91/10 Based On: 11 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

09-09-2013

I am 5'9" tall and have a Necky Chatham 17 RM and use a fabric Sea Swift, 215 paddle. Purchased it online about a year ago and so far it has been amazing! My online order was processed and shipped within 2 days. I had the paddle 3 days after I ordered it! Amazing service!

This is a fast, strong and light paddle that has become my #1 blade. I have a high angle paddle and like to play in the chop of the Puget Sound. This thing will get you moving in a hurry and moves a ton of water. In a straight line it rocks! Great handle too, lots of adjustment so you can play with the feathering all you want. Shaft is shaped for your hand but might be a little thin for larger hands. Might want to verify diameters before you order.

It's decent at sculling and because of it's large surface area does make you fight the wind a little. The only real downside I've found is that it's nearly impossible to paddle quietly. It plops and splashes no matter how hard or easy I try to paddle with it. But if you're looking for a fast blade this is the one!

08-27-2005

My wife and I both use Sea Swifts and have left our Werners in the garage to gather dust. She was warned by a salesman that the paddle might be too powerful for her - but they are so light that the extra size is not an issue. They make a huge difference on a long paddle! Highly recommended -- well worth the cost!

11-08-2004
Submitted by: Robby V. BrownSend Email

I own every model Swift paddle. I also own about a 18 other paddles of various brands. The Swift paddles beat every other paddle hands down! My favorite is the "Sea Swift" (Thanks Joe!) My students get the opportunity to try all different brands: Werner, Lendall,etc. By far they choose Swift as their favorite too. I would give all my other paddles to have just 1 Sea Swift hands down. It is the finest paddle I have used in 20 years of paddling. Light, pleanty of power, and tough as nails. Oyster beds have nothing on a Swift. Buy one!

07-27-2004
Submitted by: Robby BrownSend Email

I have used Swift Paddles for years. They are my favorite hands down! With virtually a flutter-free design and light weight, they slice through the water with ease. I have broken several other name brand paddles, but never a Swift. The guys at Swift are great too! Safe paddling!

01-21-2004

A joy to look at and a joy to use ..... wow .... it doesn't get better than that. I have owned several paddles during the 8 years I have been enjoying the sport, but I can't imagine topping this one. I have the Swift mid-sized model with yellow translucent blades .... 230. Really exquisite, very light, the configuration of the blade allows the blade to bite the water and move it almost effortlessly. Pricey and worth every cent. One thing I have added to my onboard gear is a stout mop handle to push off any oyster beds I might come up on ..... not about to subject my beautiful paddle to abuse .....

05-27-2003

Wife bought a Swift paddle with a fabric design and I had to have one. Light, great quality, very stiff and efficient. Beautifully made. Boat moves right along and I feel much less fatigue. Be sure to use a paddle leash so you don't lose such a beautiful paddle. I keep a "bigger" paddle in the hatch for a spare and for those occasions when I feel particularly strong and have a race face on.

07-30-2001

I recently bought a Swift paddle and I love it! My father bought a Werner paddle the week before me and as soon as he used my swift paddle he immediately went and bought one for himself. His Werner paddle is now a spare!!

06-29-2001

My paddling buddy bought a Swift narrow blade fiberglass paddle this spring and I was foolish enough to try it. Now I am smitten. This has to be one of the best if not THE BEST, lightest, most comfortable sea kayak paddle there is. The paddle is virtually indestructable (the salesman banged a blade against a cinderblock wall repeatedly to show the strength)comes in some really swift colors, and feels like holding a feather. There seems to be no weight to it. Beautiful finish and nearly seamless ferrule. Expensive yes, but will spoil you for life.

09-05-2000
Submitted by: NickSend Email

I've been using a Swift paddle for about 4 months now and it continues to perform extremely well. Most of my outing take place on weekly basis for a relatively short durations (2 - 4 hrs).The paddle is lightweight and very durable, no signs of wear yet. After looking at and trying a number of different paddles, I don't think you can make a better choice than a Swift paddle for the money.

10-16-1999
Submitted by: T. HardySend Email

I used Eddyline's Swift paddles on my Nautiraid Expedition II on a solo trip among Maine islands in 1997. The foldable kayak is heavy (72 lbs unloaded) but with the ultra light weight Swift paddles I could maintain a comfrotable cruising speed for most of the day. and when I lost one half of one paddle, I got areplacement half from the factory for around 100.00, abit more than half of the original price. Replacement requires sending the half that you have to fit the new piece. may take time but worth it.

03-22-1999

We utilize top of the line swift fiberglass paddles for instruction and tours. while expensive, the best, strongest, lightest, highest quality,most durable paddle we have. spoils participants for anything less.