Product Reviews > Kayaks > Feelfree Kayak, USA > Corona Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Corona Kayak by Feelfree Kayak, USA

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

07-27-2013
Submitted by: AdrianSend Email

I bought this today for use with my kids. I'm 6'3" and 200lbs with a 6 year old and 4 year old who will only grow. I took it to a local lake today and with me towards the rear and the 2 kids at the front I was really impressed with it. It tracks well - stays in a straight line - and was very maneuverable.

All in all a great buy. The wheel in the keel is a bonus when you have kids who can't carry it with you. It's too heavy to lift on and off the roof rack but I roped a passer-by into helping. The storage on this thing is great. Huge capacity, stable, agile.

Overall a great addition to the family!

06-14-2012

I purchased this as something to do with my son. Neither one of us a little people, I'm 6'5 275lbs. My kid is 5'5, 180 lbs and growing. Anyway I bought for the 660 lbs capacity as we plan to take it camping around home and need to haul gear. Two things. Its great for that. It will hold it!!

My first use of the kayak was by myself in the single user configuration. I hated it! It was hard to handle, didn't track well and all in all not a fun experience. But I gave it another shot, but this time in the tandem mode with my son. It was like getting into a race car. This thing needs the weight. Just with him sitting in it, I was able to paddle it easier and faster than by myself. Now if I'm alone, I put a cooler full of river water in the bow just to weight it down and paddle from the rear.

This is a good kayak for single use to haul gear and an awesome one to go tandem. I have found the more weight the better. Seems weird, but that's the way I like it. and the best part is me and my son are having fun together with it for very little money invested.

06-01-2011
Submitted by: KuhldadSend Email

Purchased this as a dual purpose; single SOT, and tandem +1. We enjoy fossil hunting, and rock hounding, so we needed a cargo capable boat. I also wanted it to able to paddle as a single. My son and I went out on the river with minor waves, me on the Corona and my son on his Nomad to try them out and check for leaks. My first impression from the center seat was, "What a barge!" We practiced maneuvering in the tributary then in the river choppy water. The corona didn't weathervane too much but it is tough to turn quickly. The trade off is extreme stability. I was able to stand up, even in the choppy river! I am pleased with the speed as a single, beginner paddler, and will update this posting when I get to take it out as a tandem.

07-08-2009
Submitted by: RPSend Email

Excellent sit on top kayak. Stacks of storage; have recently ventured into the sea and extremely stable cutting through waves. Plenty of space for my wife, my 7 year old son and I. A well priced family kayak

Northwater Paddle Sports: