Product Reviews > Kayaks > Hobie Cat Company > Mirage ProAngler 14 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Mirage ProAngler 14 Kayak by Hobie Cat Company

Rated: 8.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Mirage ProAngler 14 Kayak by Hobie Cat Company

Length: 13' 8" - Width: 38.00" - Starting at: $2999.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Hobie Cat Company Logo

03-15-2013
Submitted by: Bob P.Send Email

I bought my Pro Angler 14 in July of 2012. So far I've fished it in Oregon Bay, the Atlantic Ocean in NC and the Chesapeake Bay. Three words. I love it. I've had it out in 3-5 footers this past October, in the Chesapeake, with no problem. I've managed to swamp it once while trying to get into the Atlantic in NC. Totally my fault for not following good sea launching practices.

I can peddle continuously for 5-6 hours and make 3-4 knots trolling speed without any difficulty. I've added rod holders, fish finder and CPVC trolling arms. I built a trailer for the yak because at 110 lbs it's a little tough for me to manhandle it on my own. I'm 66. This years plans include the Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico in Pensacola and Southern Fl. I have no problem being towed out to 15 miles and left for a few hours and then being towed back in. Best yak I've ever experienced.

08-24-2009
Submitted by: JimSend Email

I've had my Hobie for about one month. I love it. We live on a chain of lakes in northern Minnesota. I use the boat for fishing, exercise, and to just plain find my happy place. What are it's attributes? - fast, stable, simple, and hassle free.

I've trailered to other water twice using my canoe trailer - easy lift of 1/2 at a time right side up. On one of these occasions was in big waves and wind with a quartering sea. Not even a hint of a tendency to broach. I've outfitted it with a fish finder and ram rod holder. A headlamp with a red light setting makes night fishing a snap.

This really seems to be a unique concept well executed. Thanks Hobie. The mirage drive is brilliant.

05-14-2009
Submitted by: CCSend Email

Purchased the Pro Angler in May 2009. I am not getting paid for this review so here goes. Took this kayak hybrid out into the bay during times of low wind and moderate wind. The stability of this hybrid is awesome, and I'm not some light short guy either. It pedals with ease. You can stretch out and enjoy the water without any fear of tipping over. You've got fishing rod storage up the wazu, incredible tackle storage and maximum room to breath. Standing up in this hybrid is more than doable.

This is a fisherman's dream. It's also very quick on the water. Thanks for reading. I am really enjoying the hybrid kayak in the salt water so understand that in fresh water... it would be that much easier to fish from.

Rendezvous River Sports